• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nicolesdesign

nicolesdesign

• Members

• 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hi there,

Doing some on-site seo improvements to my site and having issues with the image alt and title tags being stripped from the highlight sections.

An example of the highlight section in use:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The site uses of child theme on pagelines 2.4.4 (wordpress 3.7.1). We have the SEO Ultimate plugin installed, as well as the 'Restore Image Title' plugin to reverse meta being stripped from post images. Neither appear to make a difference on the highlight section.

Is there a string of code I could put into the highlight template file to fix this, or another suggestion?

Let me know if more info is needed. Thanks!

Nicole

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

All PageLines core sections store the image as a URL, when you upload the image, the URL is saved as an option, just the URL. The image meta you add in wordpress admin is not used.

If you want to use images with meta etc, you will have to add them to your post area like a normal post.

For sections to pull attachment extra info it would take 2 db queries per image, thats why we dont do it.

#3 nicolesdesign

nicolesdesign

• Members

• 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Ok, thanks. Good to know.

I went ahead and hard coded an img alt and title to the highlight template file. If a dynamic solution is found for this, please let me know. I would definitely like the meta to be a bit more tailored for such a predominant image on the page.

Thank you!

Nicole

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: image, meta data, highlights