Best Answer cstreeting , 09 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

Thank you for your response.

After much struggle, a script like this did the trick:

jQuery(function ($) {
    //find all the target anchor elements
    var $as = $('a.plmore');

//find the div elements
    $('.fcontainer').each(function (idx) {
        //wrap the div at index idx using the href value of anchor element at index idx
        $(this).wrap($('<a target="_blank"></a>', {
            href: $as.eq(idx).attr('href')
        }))
    });
});
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cstreeting

cstreeting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

Hello,

On the website www.wallacks.com, we are looking to have both a text overlay at the bottom of the feature/slider + a link to the entire feature. The current result seems to be one or the other, how can I do both? Example:

Currently, the only options seem to be:

• Add text overlay to bottom of feature = Feature Link URL defaults to "More" button in the text overlay; or
  • No text overlay = Feature Link URL surrounds feature/slider

Is it possible, in the PageLines framework, to have both working? if so, what kind of options set-up should we have to do so?

A previous answer was to use the "Feature Slider" instead of the "Quick Slider" but I think that was perhaps just a guess as, as I understand it, we are using the Feature slider? To access the Feature from the Dashboard, I am going to the left-hand sidebar and going PageLines > Features > Features > (all features appear). Also, when I navigate to the left-hand sidebar and going PageLines > Page Options > Site Defaults > (the square that is pressed is Features).

The steps to have both text overlay + link on entire slider (not just the tiny "more" button - from a marketing perspective, this is bad for conversion!) would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Chantale

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

HI,

Why are you creating multiple topics asking the question ?

I have replied here - http://forum.pagelin...-slider-images/

You're using the QuickSlider section, it is called Quick because it has very few options. If you want to have more control over your Sliders content you will need to use the Feature Slider section and possibly use HTML.

If you're struggling with the Feature Slider, I would recommend using an alternative slider such as RevSlider or Layer Slider, which have lots of options and customization possibilities.

#3 cstreeting

cstreeting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

I'm sorry, I wasn't able to reply to the post in the other forum. There was a button that said "You cannot reply to this topic".

Can you guide me, in a step-by-step way, on how to "use Feature Slider" instead of "Quick Slider"? As I mentioned in the post above, I believe we are already using the feature slider.

Thank you for all your help!

#4 cstreeting

cstreeting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

One more note:

The page in question is using Template | 1. When I navigate to Drag & Drop > Template Setup > (click on Page Template area), "Template | 1" is highlighted. When I scroll down, it's Active Sections are:

- Features (creates a Feature Slider and custom post types)

- Boxes

- Content

--> Notice it's "Features", and not "Quick Slider"

Can I get help on having the whole/entire Feature Slider link to an external page when the Text Overlay is active? Again, currently, the URL only gets linked to a "More" button in the text overlay.

Thanks for all your help!

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

Hi there,

Unfortunately the Feature slider doesn't allow for you to use the slider in the way you're looking to out of the box. When the text is added to the slider it will use the text for the link, when no text is on the slide it will use the whole image as a clickable link.

I would think the easiest way to create the full slider link with the text on, would be to create your image with the text on it in photoshop or similar. Then you can upload the image with the text already saved onto tit and choose the 'no text' option in the slide settings, so the whole slide will act as a link.

Full details on the feature slider and how to set up can be found here - http://support.pagel...tions/features/

#6 cstreeting

cstreeting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:54 PM   Best Answer

Thank you for your response.

After much struggle, a script like this did the trick:

jQuery(function ($) {
    //find all the target anchor elements
    var $as = $('a.plmore');

//find the div elements
    $('.fcontainer').each(function (idx) {
        //wrap the div at index idx using the href value of anchor element at index idx
        $(this).wrap($('<a target="_blank"></a>', {
            href: $as.eq(idx).attr('href')
        }))
    });
});

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: features, text overlay