• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hattz

Hattz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

How can I change/add texts and images to the Revolution Slider slides?

All I managed do was change the delay time of the slides. But to edit the actual slides we see in Flatten Theme... Seems impossible. I can't even find those texts, images and those buttons we see at the Theme. I looked everywhere... And also tried to do it through the Rev Slider control panel at the dashboard...

Could anybody help?

#2 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:47 AM

Is this the slider section that comes with DMS by default? You manipulate the slides just like any other section. Click on the edit button, and the interface will slide up.

#3 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 221 posts
  • LocationValle de Bravo, México

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Thanks etcio.

The slider use Custom Post Types 

Within your admin you will se 2 menus ( Rev. Slides & Rev. Captions ) let me explain a little more this:

A Rev Slide is where you can configured the background the transition the time etc, and this also is the "container" for the Rev. Captions. if you take a look there is a "Caption Set" option that is a select boc with the Captions sets/categories. 

Now, a Rev Caption is a element that you can use within a slide grouped as sets/categories this is the place to edit the content of each "Caption", each Caption can be a Text a Image or a Video and in this UI you can set all the properties like animations, h position, v position, delay to show up, etc etc.

http://screencast.com/t/yBLYFDFMukN

Rev. Slides.

http://screencast.com/t/BMxCgjVgm2v

Rev. Captions

http://screencast.com/t/Np6kn81g0mLB

Best,

Enrique. 

#4 Hattz

Hattz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

tmeister

Thanks. 

But now that I managed to work on the headline and stuff, I noticed that Flatten, when compressed to like 5 to 600px wide, the slider vanishes...

Do yourselves the test http://dms.tmeister.net/flatten/ both on Chrome and Firefox and IE

Men... I can't express what I'm thinking...

But thanks for the help

#5 montanauk

montanauk

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hi tmeister,

I am having a problem with the Rev.Slider when used with Flatten theme and hope you can help me with it. When i am in Edit mode (logged in as admin) i can see the slider working and i am able to edit it, but when visiting the site as a guest the slider doesn't work, there's simply nothing there. 

I have tried removing the slider and re-adding it to no avail. 

Can you please shed some light on this issues

Many thanks

#6 sum247

sum247

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts
  • Framework Version:plus

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

I just purchased the theme and the exact thing is happening to me there needs to be instructions for this stuff!!! And I can't keep buying things that are broken please advise or I would like my money back :{
  • montanauk, emnandoka and RiverRat like this

#7 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 221 posts
  • LocationValle de Bravo, México

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hi,

montanauk, sum247:

Are you using the latest versions WP DMS Section?

Are you using any other plugin?

Do you save and publish the page?

Can you point me to the URL with the issue?

A little more info would be useful for me.

Best,

Enrique.

#8 montanauk

montanauk

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Hi @tmeister

I have just messaged you with details to my website and admin credentials so you can see for yourself.

Hope this help

Thanks

#9 Adrianna Lima

Adrianna Lima

Advanced Member

• Members

• 54 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

tmeister

Thanks. 

But now that I managed to work on the headline and stuff, I noticed that Flatten, when compressed to like 5 to 600px wide, the slider vanishes...

Do yourselves the test http://dms.tmeister.net/flatten/ both on Chrome and Firefox and IE

Men... I can't express what I'm thinking...

But thanks for the help

Hi,

I am having the same problem. When view from mobile,slider disappears. Pls advise

regards

#10 fiscalcliff

fiscalcliff

• Members

• 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

Same here, the Revolution Slider will not show on mobile devices.

#11 emnandoka

emnandoka

Advanced Member

• Members

• 31 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Framework Version:newest

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

I really dont understand this slider... this is harder to beat then metal gear solid back in the 90´s.

Really, i need a guide or something for this.

#12 fiscalcliff

fiscalcliff

• Members

• 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Still wondering why the Revolution Slider in the Flatten theme does not appear on mobile devices.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?  Is there any documentation on using this theme and this slider?  Perhaps this theme was never intended to be responsive?

I'm just a newbie so forgive silly questions.  Please point me to the answers.  I like the theme, but it doesn't look like I'll really be able to use it the way the slider works now.

#13 alisamski

alisamski

Advocate

• Members

• 482 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 2 | DMS 1 | Frameworks | Child Theme

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

The original revolution slider is responsive. And so is the DMS scaled down version of rev slider.

Not sure if the revolution slider in Flatten is either. Trying to get an answer from Enrique as I am looking to purchase this theme because of the full revolution slider placed within DMS.

Looking at the above.. looks like captions are separate from the actual slide area (and since I have the full revolution slider plugin this seems like it may be a bit different..

Please Advise @tmeister

The slider does work on an ipad.

not an iphone

#14 wlangshaw

wlangshaw

• Members

• 2 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

I am also having difficulty adding text or images into the Flatten Rev. Slider and have spent a lot of time trying to work it out to no avail. I want to mimic what is shown in the Flatten Template with a sliding header and text coming in one by one underneath. In the Rev.Captions section I have added captions but nothing is linking it to the slider to then add the text to the slider. I also tried amending the template info in Rev.Captions and that has no effect either.

So how do you add sliding text onto the Rev.Slider? Can you please talk me through it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flatten