Question

Posted · Report post

Hi chaps, me again!

I think I should come and work for you guys as I think I have encountered everything possible about this framework!

So we have been querying the Sections and the Section IDs, but Chrome and Firefox seem to add an extra row wrapped around these with the classes "row" and "grid-row" added, after which researching, w3c says that no browsers even support the "grid-row" class.

Any way to turn this off?

Thanks guys

Please see here : http://screencast.com/t/u7KLPPEiEzL2

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

To my knowledge Bootstrap v2 which is used in DMS doesn't use any classes called .grid-row. Bootstrap v2 uses the following:

.row 

.row-fluid

The grid row class you're referring to is used by the DMS editor to create your columns as far as I know. Also what do you mean it doesn't display in Chrome, it does.

http://d.pr/i/IRza

Posted · Report post

Erwan has hit the nail on the head here. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the replies guys.  Chrome doesnt use them which is why I was confused.

So really they are hugely untidy and there is no way to 'directly' target them, other than applying an overall nested style to the Section that they are within?  Been using bootstrap for a year or so know so I am familiar with the 'row' class, but grid-row I have never come across.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Yeah this is what I thought too Danny as I've used it for a fair while now.  I accept this is a DMS class, that's fine.

It makes targeting it really awkward and fiddly, I assume I would have to target the parent section id of the 'grid-row' and then use :nth-child() and select the number of the one I require?  Some of widgets I need to target need to be 50% and some 100% at mobile, so it's vital that I can target a certain widget's 'grid-row'.

I trust this makes sense, it's also a bit of a pain that newly added widgets won't automatically apply my class as the 'grid-row' is the un-targetable parent above.

Posted · Report post

Why do some widgets need to be 100% and some 50% on a mobile device, shouldn't they all be 100% ?

Having an area only 50% on a mobile device would probably be a plain to read.

Posted · Report post

Yeah I mean 480px - 767px sorry mate, which is tablet and the widgets look ace at 50% side by side until 480px when I wish them to stack.  I have targeted the class no problems, it works a treat in the Chrome Explorer - when I add to the LESS though I get nothing, almost as thought the grid-row cannot be targeted like regular css.

It could also however be that my LESS isn't compiling correctly as I suspect.

#plcolumn90e950 .pl-section-pad .pl-sortable-column .grid-row:nth-child(1) is what I have had to use to simply target my widgets as they are dynamically wrapped by the DMS lol - yay...

Posted · Report post

Why not just use the widgets class or ID and just ignore the DMS row grid-row div ?

Posted · Report post

Because the DMS grid-row is outside of all of my targetable areas.  It's dynamically added upon saves. and means that 50% width won't apply when nested inside a 100% grid-row / row class

Posted · Report post

What sections are you using and can you provide a concept image of what you want to achieve please.