Photo
- - - - -

WHP: drop down nav is horizontal, should be vertical

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 ttrusty

ttrusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

The subnav items on the main drop down navigation menu are not stacking vertically below the navbar, but on rollover are displaying next to each other horizontally and breaking the navbar display. At the link below you can rollover "Our Team" or "Success Record" to see what I mean.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks, Tom

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

Tom, your dropdown.css stylesheet is not getting loaded or does not exist. Double check your template files to make sure you have it.

#3 ttrusty

ttrusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Adam, a file named'dropdown.css' does not exist. Can't find it on my server or in the original theme download. Is that the actual file name I should be looking for or is the code contained in one of the other css files?

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:25 AM

I believe it should be in:

wpcontent/themes/WhiteHousePro/css/dropdown.css

Thanks, Bryan

#5 ttrusty

ttrusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

Hey Bryan, apologies for the delayed response. There is no dropdown.css file in the css directory, but maybe I should give more details... The main site uses the WHP theme and the nav bar works fine. I have created a blog within the main site using the free Whitehouse theme, not WhitehousePro (in order to make it easier for the client to use). Is the dropdown.css file included with the free version of Whitehouse, and if so where is it located?

#6 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:51 AM

Aaah, and that is where the problem lies, I do not believe the dropdown feature is available in the free version. Thanks, Bryan

#7 ttrusty

ttrusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Oh! Didn't think of that. I bet you're right.