4 replies to this topic

#1 tiltcreative

tiltcreative

Advanced Member

• Members

• 63 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hi, I have figured out how to hide the full metabar, and the author and categories using css, but I would like to keep the date. But now I have some other bits of text in there that I don't want, which means I probably have to edit a php file in a child theme instead, to get rid of the rest of it.  (it now says "By On 

November 20, 2013

· · In [EDIT]")

How would I go about doing this? I just want the post title with the date underneath. I don't know which file to edit.

thanks for your help!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15626 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

HI,

There is no need to edit the PHP, we have an option which includes several or more shortcodes that you can use to customize the Post meta.

Simply go to one of your posts and on the Content/PostLoop section settings, find the following option Configure Full Width Post Metabar and Configure Clip Metabar.

Then click on the More Info button and a list of the available shortcodes that you can use will appear.

If you only want to display the date, then use the following - http://d.pr/i/eRVn

#3 tiltcreative

tiltcreative

Advanced Member

• Members

• 63 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Oh awesome!  Where can we find out this kind of stuff, other than asking here? Is there a book called Pagelines DMS for Dummies or something like that? Lynda videos?

thanks for your help, I'll try that.

#4 tiltcreative

tiltcreative

Advanced Member

• Members

• 63 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

I've got this working but am now trying to figure out why I can't limit the categories of posts showing on my page. I tried using the posts-to-page plugin short code on my page and it is still showing all of them. I have an anyloop section in there as well which is working, but I'd rather use the main post loop because I've edited all of the styles for it now. Is there a short code for that too? It seems like it should be a relatively easy thing to do but there are no settings for it in there as far as I can see.

thanks again!

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hi there,

Are you entering the cat id in the shortcode like the examples seen here - http://wordpress.org...ts-to-page/faq/

Remember to clear/flush the cache before viewing again to see the changes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: remove category, remove author, metabar