#1 BentleyD

BentleyD

• Members

• 148 posts
  • Framework Version:dms

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Hey Guys,

I am working on http://BuMarketing.com

I would like to customize the flipper at the footer of my page. Right now it is only displaying one post per flipper section. I would like it to display 2 per flipper section and the thumbnails to be smaller. How can I achieve this?

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hi Bentley

To get two posts to show in the flipper panel you can select the figure in the sections options via the dropdown - http://screencast.com/t/cOYaAILrS

Do you want to change the width/size of just the image? Or the text as well. To change both you'd could try something like the below

.flipper-wrap .flipper-items > li {
    width: 200px !important;
}

To change just the image you could try the below, but you'd have to adjust the margins to move closer together if you made the % value too small etc.

.flipper-wrap .flipper-items > li img {
    width: 50%;
}

#3 BentleyD

BentleyD

• Members

• 148 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

Hey @James B,

Thank you for responding. That worked visually, but for some reason it's kind of glitching now when I click the arrow to see more posts?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

Ok so you want it to look like this visually, 2 by 2 by 2? http://screencast.com/t/Rj3pIxjar8J

In that case remove the css I gave you previously, add a 3 column section from the drag and drop into the layout and then drop a flipper unit in each column. Set the option for each flipper unit to display max of 2 posts

#5 BentleyD

BentleyD

• Members

• 148 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

@James B Wait.. That's literally exactly what I had set up before I used the css code you gave me? If I remove the code then its just one post per column like it was before. I would like to display 2 posts per column like your screen shot and what I currently have on the site with the code active. It's just glitching when I try to navigate to more posts. Whats going on? 

#6 BentleyD

BentleyD

• Members

• 148 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

Does anyone know how to help me with this?

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

Hi Bentley

To get that affect in the screenshot image I just changed the settings inside each of the flipper units to display 2 posts and placed on flipper unit in each of the three columns. I've made a screencast to show this - http://screencast.com/t/S9ndp9gySN2V

#8 BentleyD

BentleyD

• Members

• 148 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

I'm not sure what I am doing differently.. I do exactly what you have shown in that video and it's not reflecting the same changes? Here is a screen shot..

#9 BentleyD

BentleyD

• Members

• 148 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Screen-Shot-2013-11-27-at-9.34.12-AM.png

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hi Bentley,

In the editor, see on the left hand side you have global and local settings, check in the local to see if you have the local set to only show 1, where the global is set to 2 etc. As the local will override the global settings.

If you still have no luck set up a user login and email hello at pagelines.com with the credentials and a link to this thread and one of us will log in and have a look.

#11 BentleyD

BentleyD

• Members

• 148 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hey @James B,

I emailed my credentials and you guys fixed it. I added one more section and column and the problem came back... What ended up being the solution?

#12 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hi Bentley, last time I just went in and reset/save them. However, I have since found out its displays based on the width of the site. So it calculates if it's wide enough to show two within that space and if it doesn't think it can display two so they're clearly visible it will show one.

So adding the extra column you'll need to make the site width wider to be able to display 2 rows in each of the 4 sections.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flipper, custom