1 reply to this topic

#1 rztoler

rztoler

• Members

• 10 posts
  • LocationBranson, MO
  • Framework Version:2.4.3

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Anyone know how I can add multiple post templates in the DMS?

We have a restaurant resource site in construction for a tourist town in the Midwest. We need restaurant listings to be posts so they can take advantage of search, tags, and category functions. For example, categories would be BBQ, American, Mexican, Fine Dining, etc. etc.

However, we also need the ability to post articles that provide recipes, interviews and plenty more. These need to utilize the same navigating features as the restaurant posts, but require a different visual layout.

I've ran across many "multiple post template" plugins, but haven't tried them... Is there a recommendation for one that is friendly with DMS?

I find it unreal that this isn't possible. If this isn't allowed, then any site DMS helps construct can only be so intelligent and functional. I need something more robust if that is the case, no? And, if not, you guys should really work on that so more enterprising ventures can be performed with your platform.

You can see the start of the project here... http://50.97.139.70/?page_id=2

Thanks

Robert

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

Hi there,

There are postloop plugins which would allow you to pull posts into a static page yet still take advantage of the different layout/drag and drop options etc.

Checkout http://nickhaskins.c...oducts/anyloop/ which acts like an additional postloop allowing you to pull in specific posts/categories and set the layout using the section options.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: multiple, posts, templates, design