Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Primary website navigation bar does not change its language

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello,

I am creating an spanish / catalan multilanguage site, and I have a problem with the Primary Website navigation menu, which does not change when clicking on the language flag. It stays with the default language (catalan). I looked in the forum posts but I didn't find anything that could help.

Website URL: s408919052.mialojamiento.es This is a sandbox where I am building the website. Afterwards I will move it to www.educatcastellbisbal.es. If you have a look there, you will find already the website, but it is 1 languange only right now.

Framework Version: I am not sure about this. I guess you mean the theme version. It's 1.4.5

WordPress Version: 3.6.1

Plugins in Use: 

Language related
- Polylang 1.2.3
- WPML flag in menu 1.1
- WPML Flag in Menu Extended 1.2 This one was in use first but since it didn't work I deactivated it, allthough it is still installed. Now using the the WPML flag in menu 1.1 plugin.

Non language related
- Contact form 7 v.3.5.4
- Contact form 7 widget v.1.0
- Facebook v.1.5.3
- Google maps widget v.1.10
- Jetpack for Wordpress.com v.2.5
- Really Simple CAPTCHA v.1.7

Other plugins are installed but not active yet. 

Server/Host: db412100285.db.1and1.com

Screenshots: As you can see on the screenshots, the page and the boxes language change when clcking on the flag, but when I select the spanish version, which you can see with the catalan flag on the menu, the menu language remains in catalan.

I created the whole website without touching at anything on the code. I think this may be a problem with Polylang, but I am not sure about it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I've not used the polylang plugin but it seems to suggest you need to add the languages manually - http://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/installation/

Have you checked with the plugin author to see if they're able to advise on what could possibly be happening? They have a support thread here - http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/polylang which could help

Posted · Report post

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.