Photo

Background image with content white

background image

Best Answer Danny , 21 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

HI,

You do not require any custom CSS so you can remove James suggested code, your issue is related to your layout choice.

Go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PlatformPro > Design Control and select Full-Width Design with Canvas. This should give you a background image (which you shoudl have uploaded) and a content area with the color you have selected.

Also, please be in mind that Platform and Platform Pro have been considered legacy themes for sometime now and with that, we do not provide support any more. If you wish to continue using Platform that is entirely up to you, but support is no longer provided. I would recommend you upgrade to DMS Free.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 medeaa

medeaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to put an image as background in my website. I use Site Background Image on Design Control but I want that the content in the body and in the sidebars remain white. How can I do?
Thanks a lot!

The website is www.abicitudine.it

#2 Aires

Aires

Advocate

• Members

• 267 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Framework Version:DMS-2

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hi, you should change your site from full width to boxed. This can be done from the front end under the settings tab

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

#3 medeaa

medeaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hi, thanks but I can't find the option that you told me. I'm using pagelins Platform free version..

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15217 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

On Platform, I believe you simply uploaded a background image via the Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Platform > Design Control, once you uploaded/configured your image, save the settings and refresh your website.

#5 medeaa

medeaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

I upload my image on Site Background Image (Optional) and set "tile". After that I save and refresh the website but the image is everywhere (under my posts, my sidebars). Under my content I would like a white color. Only on the left and right white margin I want to see that tiled image.

I really appreciate your theme but I'm trying from several days to set this thing without results.

Thanks a lot!

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hi there, try adding the following css to your custom code box.

#page-main .content {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;}

#7 medeaa

medeaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hi, I added your text in the box of Custom Code. Now in the bottom of my footer I see this text but nothing is change. (www.abicitudine.it in the bottom you can see). Before your text I must write something in Custom Code or I must enabled something in the settings?

Thanks

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15217 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:16 PM   Best Answer

HI,

You do not require any custom CSS so you can remove James suggested code, your issue is related to your layout choice.

Go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PlatformPro > Design Control and select Full-Width Design with Canvas. This should give you a background image (which you shoudl have uploaded) and a content area with the color you have selected.

Also, please be in mind that Platform and Platform Pro have been considered legacy themes for sometime now and with that, we do not provide support any more. If you wish to continue using Platform that is entirely up to you, but support is no longer provided. I would recommend you upgrade to DMS Free.

#9 medeaa

medeaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

Thanks! In the end I would have wanted to add this little thing but It's not a problem. The website is good enough so..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: background image