Question

Posted · Report post

I imported everything, have the same plugins yet css background is blue and not white and ids' and classes are not the same in the new install so I cannot figure out where to change what.  any help is

18 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

the import seems to not acknowledge my custom classes, changing values for the exact same sections does nothing in my imported site.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

How did you perform the import and what did you export ?

Also, when you say its not acknowledging your custom classes, are these classes you have added to the styling classes field ?

Posted · Report post

I imported with everything checked and none of the classes work. If I had a class of topmenu on my menu and the CSS in the custom CSS section it doesn't work. I can even change the name of the class and add the CSS and no changes. Even the ids are the same and they do not work either. I thought the site would mirror the other but now Its like I have to build it twice.

Posted · Report post

none of my custom css classes are even showing in the import.  when I compare both and click on them one has custom classes and the other doesnt.  any help on this would be immensely helpful as I've done everything according to specification yet my net sites css isnt working on the new site.

Posted · Report post

can this be an issue where the  custom css is located or being called?  could it not be finding the site that it was imported to which is why the styles are not working because everything is the same.

Posted · Report post

I need to understand how you have added your custom CSS and what you mean by custom classes.

Do you mean the following:

1. You added custom CSS to the DMS Toolbar > Custom > Custom CSS/LESS editor?

2. Do you mean you added classes to the styling classes field and these haven't imported ?

If this isn't the case, can you provide screenshots of what you mean please.

Posted · Report post

yes I added my css to the Custom CSS/LESS editor and they work fine in my redesign.  I added classes to the classes fields for my navbar, text boxes and etc as instructed and things work fine on my one site.  The same settings are on the new import as I just imported the site to the new one with the same settings but css isnt taking.  Even if I change the name of the class and everything it still isnt working.  Please take a look at the images and see that the CSS is exactly the same on both sites yet different results.

redesign_ex1.png

here is another one.

redesign-ex2.png

and here is the site after importing it to the new site.  keep in mind that I can only turn the new site on after 12am EST because otherwise people would see the non-working site so I have to work on this late or early in the AM EST which sucks because its only this install on the place I need it to be.  Here they are

fuckedup1.png

another

fuckedup2.png

and the last one

fuckedup4.png

hopefully someone can help me figure this out because I cannot find a solution at this point.

Posted · Report post

can anyone help me on this?  I've ran out of solutions to get this to work because nothing is working as it should.  I'm just trying to finish this for these guys and any help would be appreciated.

Posted · Report post

Can you send me the jSON file please - danny at pagelines dot com

Include a link to this topic too.

Posted · Report post

Thats weird I must say. However, I am not able to recreate it when I use my own settings and custom CSS/LESS. Therefore, it may well be an issue with you possibly having invalid CSS/LESS.

Can you try removing all your custom CSS/LESS and then add some basic CSS/LESS such as:

#site .navbar { #gradient .vertical(red, blue); .box-shadow(10px 5px 8px green); border: 15px solid orange; }

Then run the export of this and then import it and see if you encounter the same issue.

Posted · Report post

no it worked, no css issues, what do you think it is? i then put my old css back in the editor and now im running across the same issue

Posted · Report post

What worked, you doing as I suggested above ?

If so, then it has to be related to your custom CSS, there is most likely something causing the CSS to not trigger, such as something invalid. I have been testing this, for a couple of hours and whatever CSS I add, when I do export and import to a new site, the CSS is loaded without any issue.

Posted · Report post

Thanks and I suspect its the code on the search box to make it smaller.  I have this below but is this needed?  trying anything else didnt work.

textarea, input[type="text"], input[type="password"], input[type="datetime"], input[type="datetime-local"], input[type="date"], input[type="month"], input[type="time"], input[type="week"], input[type="number"], input[type="email"], input[type="url"], input[type="search"], input[type="tel"], input[type="color"], .uneditable-input

Posted · Report post

You're using that code to make the search box smaller and this is causing your issue?

Did that code make your search box smaller ?

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I worked on redoing the css I just took it all out and did them again one by one and removed all that from above and random css from before to get it working with less css.  The issue Im having now is my media boxes will not lose there extra height along with the section.  I have too much space between my media boxes and text boxes both with "0px 0px" in the boxes and still I cannot seem to minimize the height(tried min height). 

Posted · Report post

Whats the site url, i've checked http://www.radiosilentplay.com/ but its using another theme. Do you have this on a sub domain we could look at?

Posted · Report post

its www.radiosilentplay.com/redesign and thanks a bunch, I cant get the sizes of the boxes smaller.  fixing this would help me in the future.

Posted · Report post

Try this:

#plcolumnpn1p4m .the-media p {
margin-bottom: 0;
}

You should use Chrome dev tools to inspect the elements HTML/CSS so that you can find the correct classes/IDs to override. Another option would be to use Nicks Classy plugin.