Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

standard navbar highlight color

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I am using the standard navbar - base color theme in the current DMS / WP versions. I am trying to change or eliminate the color of the highlight under the menu items on hover and while viewing the pages linked a menu item. It is a cool effect, but I don't want to use it in this instance. I have been trying to change the color to the background color of my nav section all afternoon using every idea I found on this forum, but I was unsuccessful and thought that perhaps since the base color theme looks different, it may controlled by different CSS.

I also used Firefox's and Google's development tools to try identify the code, but no success there either.

The site is not live to viewers, but live to be accessed if that helps: http://dev.ochocodental.com/wordpress/

Just to clarify, I am pleased with the site's link color being implemented for the drop down highlight color (thank you for doing that as I remember struggling with the in Pagelines Framework), I just want to mask or eliminate the color highlight under the menu items on hover and when visiting the page linked to the menu item.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me over this hurdle so I can get on to the next one.

Margeau

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I forgot to state that I am using the Viewer child theme. I chose it for this project primarily because of the navigation set up. I didn't realize the highlight under the nav was still there, but invisible because it is the same color as the header background color. Unfortunately, I can't do it that way in this instance as I am trying to visually bridge the old site to this new site through the color scheme.

Posted · Report post

I did finally find the pertinent code. I will post it here in case anyone is looking for sees this post. The CSS is:

.navbar{
	&.pl-color-base{
		.navline{
			> li{

&:hover > a,
				&.current-menu-item > a,
				&.dropdown.open > a{
					color: @textColor;
					background-color: @pl-base;
					box-shadow: inset 0 -4px 0 #232221;
				}

}

}
	}
}

I modified the box-shadow line to replace @linkColor with my background color #232221.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for the update and this will definitely help others in future :)