2 replies to this topic

#1 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 229 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hi there,

On a single post page I'd like to hide certain elements with a column ( column holds a primary sidebar, textbox and ibox) depending on which category the post belongs to.  

So for post within category A and category B - I'd like to show the textbox and ibox.

And for all other categories I'd jsut like to show the primary sidebar and hide the textbox and ibox.

Is this possible with CSS? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail, I can hide elements but not by category.

I'm using WP 3.6 and DMS 1.1.3.

Many thanks in advance! :)

#2 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 229 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

It looks like the paid version of the plugin Sidebar Manager Light (now recommended for custom sidebars for DMS) might help with this - is Sidebar Widget Manager also recommended / tested with DMS?

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hi,

I only tested the lite/free version I haven't tested the pro version or the features you're after.

However, if you wish to hide specific widgets from your sidebar on certain categories, you will probably want to use Widget Logic or a similar plugin. This plugins adds conditional logic to your widgets where you can display widgets on a per page/post basis.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sidebar