Blog

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dblsae

dblsae

• Members

• 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

Hello.  I am new to Pagelines and this is the first site I have ever built, so I appreciate any help you can give.  I want to start a blog page.  I "think" to do this I need to drag over the "content post loop" section.  However, when I do that, my posts do not show up on the screen.  I just see in the content post loop box a blue [edit] hyperlink, but I don't see any of my two generic blog posts that are out.

The weird thing is when I put the content post loop section on my home page, the blog posts show up there.  However, I don't want the blog posts on the home page, I want them on "blog" page.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed, I'm so lost.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

Hi there, Wordpress automatically sets up the site with blog on the front/home page. To change this go to the wp admin area>settings>reading and you'll see a drop down area to select a new home page and a new posts page. Select the blog page you made in the posts drop down and save.

#3 dblsae

dblsae

• Members

• 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

Hi James.  I think I'm getting closer to resolving this, but it still is a little off.  I changed the WP settings as followed:

Changed bullet from "your latest post" to "a static page" (it forced me to do this in order to be able to change the posts page drop down)

Changed posts page from "blank" to "blog page"

The problem now is that my home page and blog page are one of the same.  So when I make modifications to the blog page, it is modifying my regular home page as well. 

Thank you so much for your help. 

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hi,

When you first install Wordpress, your homepage will display your blog posts. If you use the method James recommended, you need to set two static pages, the Front Page is Homepage and this will not display you your blog posts. However, the Post Page is your Blog page, so set your blog page to the Post page setting and when you view your blog page, your posts will be displayed like a standard blog.

Alternatively, if you do not use the Static pages option, when you view your homepage your posts will be displayed.

If you want more information, I recommend you read through the Wordpress docs.