10 replies to this topic

#1 Wizard

Wizard

• Members

• 12 posts
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hello!

I am a Pro user for DMS, although I don't understand why the forums aren't picking up on that. I have noticed this problem on both websites were I have a premium version of DMS and also on other sites where  I am using the free version.

The problem is with the Hero Units. Whenever I click the option to reverse them and put the image on the left, it causes the picture to break out of in-line format with the text and places it on a new line.

I noticed this when I first upgraded to 2.1.n something or another. When I first was using pageline (before 2.1) this problem did not occur.

I am using the latest version of pagelines on both sites now, the premium and non-premium.

For an example:

bitconfused.org 

You can clearly see that the photograph of Steven is not in-line as it should be and this throws the entire format of the page off.

Everything else on the home-page is still template based and I havent put any time into it as you can see, but the main issue here is to get the hero units to align properly.

This would be incredible helpful to me if you could tell me why this continues to happen across SEVERAL websites.

At first I thought it was just a bug in the update and would be fixed fairly quickly as people noticed it.

But has no one noticed this?

I really thought a patch or update would have already been released which fixes this problem, because I do not see how it is a user-end error and not a problem with the framework itself... because again, this happens on all the sites I use pagelines for, both premium and free versions.

If this isn't something that I can fix, if there is no user-error here and no user-end solution

PLEASE; support team; PLEASE release a patch that fixes this!

And likewise, if this IS a user-end error and all that is needed is a few lines of CSS... 

Can you help me out and just tell me what that code might be???

With sincere thanks,

Walker Sharpe

Edited by Wizard, 15 November 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#2 Wizard

Wizard

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

Hello!

I am a Pro user for DMS, although I don't understand why the forums aren't picking up on that. I have noticed this problem on both websites were I have a premium version of DMS and also on other sites where  I am using the free version.

The problem is with the Hero Units. Whenever I click the option to reverse them and put the image on the left, it causes the picture to break out of in-line format with the text and places it on a new line.

I noticed this when I first upgraded to 2.1.n something or another. When I first was using pageline (before 2.1) this problem did not occur.

I am using the latest version of pagelines on both sites now, the premium and non-premium.

For an example:

bitconfused.org 

You can clearly see that the photograph of Steven is not in-line as it should be and this throws the entire format of the page off.

Everything else on the home-page is still template based and I havent put any time into it as you can see, but the main issue here is to get the hero units to align properly.

This would be incredible helpful to me if you could tell me why this continues to happen across SEVERAL websites.

At first I thought it was just a bug in the update and would be fixed fairly quickly as people noticed it.

But has no one noticed this?

I really thought a patch or update would have already been released which fixes this problem, because I do not see how it is a user-end error and not a problem with the framework itself... because again, this happens on all the sites I use pagelines for, both premium and free versions.

If this isn't something that I can fix, if there is no user-error here and no user-end solution

PLEASE; support team; PLEASE release a patch that fixes this!

And likewise, if this IS a user-end error and all that is needed is a few lines of CSS... 

Can you help me out and just tell me what that code might be???

With sincere thanks,

Walker Sharpe

Can I not edit twice? I don't see the option for it a second time... but oh well. I don't mean to sound like, so n00bhard about this, "where is tha pactch!111!!" and etc. bu7y0uf33lm31ju57d0n7g377h15j1v3!11!11!!!

Like I have put actual effort into trying to figure this out. I realize that I am using both hero units side-by-side in a 6/6 column split on the layout. I want the pictures to form a symmetrical aesthitec and... as I would think, this is the primary reason the reverse image option is there, so you can create this effect...

I thought at first the image was too wide and not scaling properly and pushing across the gridlines and causes it to linebreak. But I tried screenshoting the layout as-is when it is loaded and getting the pictures down to exact pixel dimensions to where there was no question they would fit... I had just l1t3r4llY measured them out to fit where they should???..?.....EFG*facepalm*

And this option worked perfectly when I first downloaded and signed up, and it was great because it was like, a key part of many of my layouts. and then I updated and they all broke and it was like d4mndVd3!!!
But I mean I wasnt that miffed about it its all good man I just wanna know how to fix this..

That'd be extra sik bro

without a c 

crumpets.

#3 Wizard

Wizard

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

efg+_182e2fca_02f8_0d8c.jpg

#4 Wizard

Wizard

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

EFG.gif

#5 Wizard

Wizard

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

+_5ac4333c_d998_4a44.jpg

#6 Wizard

Wizard

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

120px-Gor_don_efg_ride.gif

#7 Wizard

Wizard

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

efg.gif

#8 Wizard

Wizard

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

plz still take this post srsly tho

Edited by Wizard, 16 November 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hi there,

I've fixed your forum access, you'll need to log out and back in but you'll have access to the pro forum.

It seems to be a little bug, there's a .pl-reverse class which is adding a margin of 21px on the right, this is pushing the image out of the available area.

http://screencast.com/t/Crmqh0ryU

Removing this brings it back into alignment - http://screencast.com/t/oto8l268iD

I'll log this as an issue in the tracker for the dev team to look into.

.pl-hero-reverse .pl-hero-image {
    margin-right:0;
}

• batman and Wizard like this

#10 jinfinite8

jinfinite8

• Members

• 14 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida
  • Framework Version:DMS Developer

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

My problem was related but this fix didn't work. I did find a simple solution which I'm adding here in case it helps someone else.

I had created the same issue as Wizard by adding two hero units and reversing the placement of the hero unit image. However, when I tried to add the css shown in this thread it was ignored. Which made no sense. Eventually, after switching the option (image on left / right) back and forth many times I realized the database was clearly not being updated.

Solution: I deleted the hero unit that was malfunctioning and creating a new one that had the exact same content and settings. 

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

When adding the css, wait until the spinning icon in the top right of the dms control panel has finished spinning. Then save/publish. If you're still not seeing results try pasting the css into the Css/LESS fallback panel in wp admin>pagelines tab.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hero units, error