2 replies to this topic

#1 sticktrix1

sticktrix1

Advanced Member

• Members

• 43 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hi guys,

So i have a huge issue with Depth Charge. Looks fine and works fine on a computer but when viewed on iPad or iPhone and i would imagine any other tablet or smart phone, it goes haywire. 

Scrolling becomes jittery and makes the website unusable. Also when trying to scroll to the top of the page, where depth charge is the first section at the top, it cuts off depth charge and only shows the section below. So depth charge seems like it's not there. 

Massive issues, i'm not really happy since i paid $40 for this. 

Hoping it's a simple fix.

Thanks,

#2 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

Hi Sticktrix1,

I actually got your ticket yesterday, but was closing on a house so I wasn't able to answer until now.

One unfortunate reality with parallax is that implementation on mobile is largely experimental. Mobile browsers don't have a real scroll event, like desktops do, and as such, you have to fake it using a floating sprite and a calculation of offset. Unfortunately, that means the performance, depending on the application, can be rough.

Unfortunately, I can't really do much to change that fact - so I'm going to be updating DC to have an on and off toggle for mobile compatibility and by default it will be off. I wish there was a better implementation of scroll events right now on mobile.

With regards to your scroll issue - do you have a link so I can help you troubleshoot? Also, if you prefer, we can take this up through the ticket system or continue here. Whatever is most convenient for you.

Thanks again for being a DC user. I'll do whatever I can to help alleviate some of the issues you're having.

#3 Masha

Masha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Framework Version:Version 1.1.4

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

Hi guys,

How can I disable depth charge in mobile view only?

I tried doing so through "display:none" in media queries, and although it hides the image itself, my web page scrolls up and down very fast and the parallax is still loading.

I also tried to set a different (small) background-image for depth charge container with smaller height and width, but that wasn't successful either.

Help!

Masha

www.RedSirenDesign.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Depth Charge