Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What is Pagelines best program?

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Im currently using pagelines DMS and I actually haven't really got too mess with it that much yet due to downloading it on a WAMP server. I was told that I should download it on XAMPP but someone else said to use LAMP. What would be the difference in each of them? Also I have seen youtube videos with people using different frameworks and versions of pagelines and it almost looks better and easier than DMS. Like I said I haven't really had much time to mess with DMS due to the fact I was on a WAMP server and I guess the layout is weird compared to a Linux based server. So now im in the process of downloading Ubuntu and then I am trying to figure if I should set up a LAMP or a XAMPP and I would also just really like to know if DMS really is the best framework that pagelines has.

Posted · Report post

Maybe someone can comment on the type of local server software they have used. I use Mac so MAMP is what i have used in the past. We cannot tell you which local server software to use in your development. 

A google search returns the following http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/what-is-best-between-xampp-lamp-wamp-or-mamp/

DMS is the most up to date, powerful and future relevant product PageLines has to offer. 

Please refrain from contacting support by email and the Forum at the same time.