Photo
- - - - -

Have different fixed navbar on different pages.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jarmaine_stojanovic

jarmaine_stojanovic

• Validating

• 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

Hi

I have currently have a fixed navbar on all my pages. Thou i have now  added an id in a textbox on the homepage, once one of the buttons is clicked it scrolls towards a particular part of that page. Now my problem is that it only works when that is on the homepage. Once it is on another page it doesnt direction anywhere (because its trying to link to the id).

So is there a way to show a different navbar menu on different pages?? 

Much appreciated! 

Jarmaine

#2 Aires

Aires

Advocate

• Members

• 311 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

I have not tried this with the navbar menu but it might work all the same. I use uber menu with a plugin called menu swapper http://wordpress.org...s/menu-swapper/ and it works fine with adding different uber menus on other pages. I will give it a try if I have some time but it should work.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk 

#3 Aires

Aires

Advocate

• Members

• 311 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

It does work with the simple nav ....but the fixed nav and the navbar do not register as theme locations so you can not change the menu of those locations. 

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16570 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

The plugin will unfortunately not work with the Fixed NavBar or NavBar section, as they would require a rewrite. However, in 1.2 update (no ETA at the moment) you will be able to do this using custom fields.