thesingleparentperspective

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Am using dms (free) 1.1.2

and Events Manager 5.5.2

Problem:  When you go to the categories page (for Events) and click on a category it saying "nothing found".  When I use another theme it works find and shows the one test event I have listed for the category alternative music 

Is there a fix for this?

http://nightlife.ict...nts/categories/ (shows category list)

http://nightlife.ict...ernative-music/  (does not work)  (works with a different theme)

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

Hi there,

Have you tried clearing/refreshing the permalinks in settings>permalinks from the wp admin area?

Also try disabling any other third party plugins leaving only events manager active to see if it's just conflicting with the dms core code or against another plugin.

#3 thesingleparentperspective

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hi there,

Have you tried clearing/refreshing the permalinks in settings>permalinks from the wp admin area?

Also try disabling any other third party plugins leaving only events manager active to see if it's just conflicting with the dms core code or against another plugin.

I tried disabling the other plugins and it didn't make a difference.  

I'm not sure what you mean by "clearing" the permalinks but I did try the other permalink options and it still didn't make a difference. 

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

Try going to permalinks and selecting the option you have at first. By Clearing james is referring to simply saving the permalinks without making changes in order to force a fix. 

#5 thesingleparentperspective

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Try going to permalinks and selecting the option you have at first. By Clearing james is referring to simply saving the permalinks without making changes in order to force a fix. 

Thanks for clearing that up but I did set the permalinks back - which is set to post name - I also saved it several times without making changes with no affect to the problem.  Tried changing themes and then saving permalinks without making changes - still no change.

Event Manager works with other themes - just not dms.  At least the category list doesn't work.

Any other suggestions is much appriciated.

#6 thesingleparentperspective

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

I just noticed something that might be causing the problem - I posted it in the Events Manager forum - please take a look and share your thoughts. http://wordpress.org...egory?replies=1

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hi there

DMS will pull in the posts through the postloop as a normal category page would, which is why the default post is displaying. I would think this lies with how the plugin is saving/generating the posts/events and what it expects/requires for them to be called and displayed.

I would definitely say speak with the plugin author and see what they can advise, they might be able to look into the source code and see straight away if there's something in our code that wouldn't work with the code they wrote etc.

I've found http://wp-events-plu...roubleshooting/ if it helps, but it seems to suggest it's permalinks which we've already tried.

#8 thesingleparentperspective

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

I've been discussing this in the plugin support forum as well and so far all they have come up with was clearing permalinks also http://wordpress.org...=6#post-4881623

But - hopefully someone will find the solution.

I like the dms theme because I can put anything anywhere and I like the events manager plugin for how it pulls events in from child blogs into the main blog so I'm really hoping there is a solution.

Edited by thesingleparentperspective, 14 November 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

I'll ask our developer team to see if they have any further ideas what the problem could be.

#10 thesingleparentperspective

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'll ask our developer team to see if they have any further ideas what the problem could be.

Thank you, I'll let you know if the plugin developers come up with a solution.

#11 thesingleparentperspective

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

I don't know if this is related or not but the events manager plugin adds funky colors to the sidebar in the dms control panel and the background of the rapid tabs widget.  I'll apply the default template with the rapid tabs so you can see what I'm talking about.

It only seems to add the funky colors on the events page but on the other pages it adds funky text.

Edited by thesingleparentperspective, 15 November 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#12 thesingleparentperspective

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

Have you had any luck finding a solution?

I'm also having a problem with how the plugin is interacting with the rapid tabs widget - see here http://thesinglepare...t-member-event/ and here http://thesinglepare...ive.com/events/

Two separate pages with two different results in the rapid tabs widget

I really don't want to have to use a different theme.

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

The issue with Rapid tabs is that the CSS for the Events plugin is effecting the Rapid Tabs widget. You're going to need to add extra CSS targeting the Rapid tabs widgets so that the Events CSS doesn't add its styling to it.

#14 thesingleparentperspective

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

The issue with Rapid tabs is that the CSS for the Events plugin is effecting the Rapid Tabs widget. You're going to need to add extra CSS targeting the Rapid tabs widgets so that the Events CSS doesn't add its styling to it.

What about where it is displaying text from events code where it should be displaying posts information?