Photo
- - - - -

Create a Second Category Page (thumbnail issue)

Framework Category

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ratputin

ratputin

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

I have had a request to add a second category "template" to a WordPress (v3.7.1) website built on Pagelines Framework (v2.4.4). The only difference between the regular category template and the new is that the client requested no sidebar. The regular category template is in use, so I cannot remove sidebar normally.

Normally, I would copt the category.php file and create a new template that way, however, I am unaware of how to do that with Pagelines and from what I've read it is a daunting (if not impossible) task. In light of that, I opted to utilize the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

in order to try to "mimic" the page lines delivery.

The code I have hobbled together looks like this:

The issue I am running into is that I cannot get the post thumbnails to pull in. I have tried "the_post_thumbnail" and get_the_post_thumbnail" without success. The code executes, but the image source is mysteriously blank (see attachments)

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

Rat

test-page.png

src-code.png

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

Hi there, I'm not sure regarding the php solution, you'd really need to speak to a developer but it's outside of our core support spectrum unfortunately.

Have you tried using a css solution on that page, using the ID of the columns and the class for the category to select it on that page only. Setting the column id with the sidebar in to display none, and the other one to width:100% to fill the space. Example below but you'll have to switch for your own column id's

#plcolumnubfcbe {display:none;}

#plcolumnubfc9b {width:100%;}

• ratputin likes this

#3 ratputin

ratputin

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

That's a good idea. I hadn't come at it from a CSS angle. I actually just finished working on a solution using 

. I had forgotten I had used it before in a Pagelines build and it worked fantastically well.

Thanks for the reply. I may just give it a try just to see if it works as well.

~Rat

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Framework, Category