Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Making theme fixed width

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello,

Is it possible to take the default DMS theme and make it fixed with borders on the top, right, left and bottom? I'm not the best with CSS and I've tried a few different things trying to add borders but it just adds a border to each individual section on the page instead of just straight across the top or straight down the left or right side.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

As you're using the boxed layout you can drap the sides in through the editor to make the borders on the left-right, this sets the page width.

To add a border to just the top-bottom you can add a margin to the main container using css, like below

body.display-boxed .boxed-wrap {
    margin: 50px auto;
    max-width: 1100px;
    position: relative;
}

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

As you're using the boxed layout you can drap the sides in through the editor to make the borders on the left-right, this sets the page width.

To add a border to just the top-bottom you can add a margin to the main container using css, like below

body.display-boxed .boxed-wrap {
    margin: 50px auto;
    max-width: 1100px;
    position: relative;
}

I added that css to the site but it wouldn't work with .boxed-warp { at the end so I removed it and it worked but now my DMS panel is all messed up (See attached image).

pIGzGBZ.jpg

Posted · Report post

Hi there, glad you got that to work. I'm looking at the screenshot but I can't see the error in the control panel. Which part are you referring to which is messed up?

Posted · Report post

Hi there, glad you got that to work. I'm looking at the screenshot but I can't see the error in the control panel. Which part are you referring to which is messed up?

The DMS panel goes from the left of the blue wire frame to completely out of screen and I cannot publish changes like that.(see right side of image is cut off)

Posted · Report post

Remove all that code, as if you use that it will also add a border to the Fixed Navbar as well. Use the following instead.

.pl-region-wrap {
border: 10px solid #F00;
}

Example - http://d.pr/i/qFHL