• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 josh1178

josh1178

• Members

• 177 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

The first thing I do when I get to pagelines.com is try to click the carousel to see the demo sites full screen.  I think you should make them bigger or clickable, because at the moment it just feels like it's broken.  

I'd also suggest hiring a very good designer to redo your site's skin as it looks kind of amateur, even to an amateur designer like me.  Just compare it to the other big names like shopify, squarespace etc. and there is a clear difference the caliber of the design. If you want to sell a website design builder, you should be sure it looks pixel perfect everywhere.  The DMS itself also needs some professional design/skinning done for the editor and basic sections. It would make it a much better product. 

IMO, the Pagelines site looks about 85% professional/modern and first impressions count. At the very least hire a professional top notch designer to at least consult and critique your current site, then fix it yourselves. I'm pretty sure most will agree that it's not quite at the top level it should be. Neither is my site, so please don't feel I'm being too hard on you guys.  I understand how sometimes perfect is just the enemy of good. But if you're selling design software, you should make your own site look amazing.

My 2 cents.

Good luck.

• batman likes this

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.