Photo

Platform Pro + boxes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 hcheaumstudiocom

hcheaumstudiocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:41 AM

I have many boxes in specific sets. I want to display a certain set on one of my pages. On the page, I set the template to the box page and then below choose the particular set that I want to show below in the Box Section Options. The problem I have is that the page shows ALL the boxes in ALL the sets that I have created even though I specifically choose a particular set show. Is this a bug or am I doing something stupid...um I mean wrong? :)

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:36 AM

Get me the link to the exact page and also let me know which of the boxes are the only ones you wish to remain on that page. Thanks, Bryan

#3 hcheaumstudiocom

hcheaumstudiocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:17 PM

Hi Bryan, Unfortunately I can't send an active link because the site isn't public yet for the client (and it is on their server and they are controlling the private/public aspect of this). So I created another site real quick that will show the issue: Here is the page: http://heaum.com/?page_id=2 As you can see, it has the two boxes that I want at the top, but then fills in the rest of the page with the other set of boxes from the front page. So the two boxes at the top are one set and the boxes on the bottom are from a different set. I have the top set of boxes with only 2 right now, but when the page is complete, there will be 10 boxes total in that sponsor set) I am using Firefox, wp 3.0.1 and using Platform Pro 1.1.1

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

Hi Heather, did you set the 'box-set' option on that individual page? btw: new 1.1.1 update fixes your post page layout prob :) I figured, that heather seems nice.... we better take care of her :)

#5 hcheaumstudiocom

hcheaumstudiocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hi guys,
Yep, I did make sure to set both the page template on the left to box page and then went down below and selected the appropriate box set in the box section options.

BUT - I am officially a dummy. So the one thing I did miss was the box template in the TEMPLATE SETUP in PLATFORM PRO SETTINGS. wow - I even changed the default page and other stuff and completely missed the BOX PAGE. duh.

Ok - so it works now! I changed the box page template - making sure only content and PageLine Boxes were in there. So hopefully my mistake can help others that might be reading this thread!

Thanks guys again for all your hard work. Seriously - such an amazing theme. I know you guys are bombarded with trying to help everyone figure this new theme out - and that can get a bit draining - so PLEASE know that this theme is awesome and all your hard work is VERY appreciated!!

THANK YOU!!!
:)
h