6 replies to this topic

#1 sherman65616

sherman65616

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 1.4.1

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

So I've just bought the latest version of PageLess for DMS, and every time I try and put a LESS code or variable in the pageless custom script area my DMS just sits in the white screen "Loading DMS Editor"  If I disable the plugin everything works, or if I go to a page that doens't have any LESS in the custom script area it loads fine.

Thanks

#2 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 231 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI
  • Framework Version:latest stable & beta releases

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hi @sherman65616,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Would you please identify the specific version of both DMS, and PageLESS that you're using?

I have tested the current version of PageLESS (1.2.2) with the latest release of DMS (1.1.2) and have not been able to reproduce your error.

I agree that it sounds like this may be PageLESS related from what you've described, but I need some more information.

If the DMS Editor is stuck loading, that generally implies a PHP error or a JS error.  JS errors are easy to find through the chrome dev tools console.  PHP errors need to be searched for (as the loading modal is covering everything).

The documentation for troubleshooting common issues is a good place to start: http://docs.pageline...g/common-issues

Please provide any screenshots if possible of any errors you find.

#3 sherman65616

sherman65616

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 1.4.1

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yeap, Page{less} Version 1.2.2 and DMS is Version 1.1.2

I don't get any errors just the loading page

http://screencast.com/t/JmCpiZF9su

is there a way i can go in a delete the custom script in the db

#4 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 231 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

I understand you're stuck with the editor loading, but for this to happen there is an error happening.  Without this information, I cannot help very much.

Do you have WP_DEBUG on?  If so, try turning it off and loading one of the problematic pages again.

About deleting the information in the database.. that could be dangerous, I do not recommend it.  It's part of the serialized array of DMS settings for that page, so my even modifying it directly in the DB, you risk losing all of your settings for that page.

#5 mrlipa

mrlipa

• Members

• 7 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.6

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

I have the same problem, I think I understood why in my case I had this problem. I created a color variable in the pagelines custom css/less section, and then in another page, I tried calling the color variable in the pageless section without declaring it. I think the compiler didn't like what I did.

To correct my code I need the page and the js to load. Is there any other way I can get to the code? my wp_debug is disable

I remember before dms, I would write the code in the backend. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks Evan!

#6 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 231 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Yes, @mrlipa

Your PageLESS code does not have access to variables you created in your theme or custom less input.  You can define "global" less variables that you can use everywhere.

When you say you could write the code in the back end, you're probably referring to editing a style.less file or maybe overriding one of the core .less files like variables.less.

If you're a LESS Developer customer, there is a built-in UI on the "Variables" page which allows you to easily create your own less variables using color pickers and other inputs.

You can start testing and using them as soon as the values are saved.

When you're ready to say export them to your theme, there is a tab there that gives you the code to use.

#7 mrlipa

mrlipa

• Members

• 7 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.6

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

Thanks Evan I'll check it out. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PageLess, pageless error