How to have embedded video play full screen from mobile device

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have a video that was created on a iPad, i.e. it is 728W x 1028H.  I uploaded it to Vimeo and used this embed code:

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/78777717" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

The video appears on this page:

http://www.leftcoastlogic.com/smartday-ipad-video-guide/

When played from the Safari browser on an iPad, I would expect to see it play full-screen, exactly fitting the screen. However, this is what I see:

GKCzJbE.png

- Clicking the "expand" button does nothing.

- I then use my fingers to 'resize' the window, and I see this. I suspect it is 'full screen' but using the default width settings.

v6iJ5pG.png

Almost there.  I then double-tap on it, and I can see what I wanted to see from the very beginning:

9fY1H89.png

Sweet. The video fills my iPad screen and I am watching the demo as if it is an actually app.

Any idea how I can change the embed code to make it play this way (full-screen and full-aspect)? This will be part of a rather long web page with lots of short video clips, and I don't want our customers to have to resize each time.

Edited by leftcoastmichael

1 answer to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

As this is Vimeo embed code, you will need to ask for them for assistance. My understand is (I could be wrong) that the device should automatically make the video full screen.