#1 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 308 posts
  • LocationBreda, The Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

Hi @bestrag,

I have a strange problem om my site www.lovo.nu. At the bottom you see twice the same social sticker area. When I edit one, the other gets edited too. When I delete the one just under the contact form it reappears even after saving, flushing cache and reloading the page. This in itself can be explained because they seem to have the same section string (see page code).

When your plugin is inactive this problem is not there. I'm a bit reluctant to deactivate your plugin again because I had to reconfigure the Scroll Nav section completely again when I did that before.

I use it like this: each section area has a scroll-header class. I manually enter the titels in your plugin.

Hopefully you have an idea if this is a bug or that I'm doing something wrong. I'm on DMS Pro 1.1.2.

Thanks, Jan

#2 bestrag

bestrag

• Members

• 245 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

@janpeeters

This is indeed strange problem.

This is what I see. There are 3 very unusual situations, that, as far as I know, are not possible in DMS.

1. There is section area INSIDE another section area.

2. There is TextBox INSIDE another TextBox.

3. Thera are two TextBoxes with SAME CLONE ID.

https://www.dropbox....-dms-issue1.png

Not sure that's connected with SNav, but I will gladly investigate.

Please, provide some additional info:

Where is TextBox meant to be? In "Contact" section area (beneath the form) or in a separate section Area?

When you disabled Scroll Nav witch TextBox disappeared?

Did you try to remove TextBox and to add it again? What happened then? If not, please try.

If TextBox is in separate section area, did you try to remove entire area and add it again? If not, please try.

To investigate deeper, I really need to see how page looks like without SNav. It is almost impossible that Scroll Nav altered DOM in that way. 

Advice: for testing purposes, you can save template of your page, create new (temporary test) page and apply the same template through DMS editor. Than you can safely do your tests there.

Hopefully, we'll get to bottom of this fast.

regards,

Bestrag

#3 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 308 posts
  • LocationBreda, The Netherlands

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hi @bestrag,

Thanks for diving into this. That is indeed weird what happens (1-3).

The solution was to delete the whole section and add a new textbox to it. Thanks for your suggestion, I didn't think of that one ;-)

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this bug for now. If it appears with someone else it might be worth a more thorough research.

Thanks for your help!

Jan

--------

While researching I typed the answers so I post them for reference:

Where is TextBox meant to be? In "Contact" section area (beneath the form) or in a separate section Area?

In the separate blue section area.

When you disabled Scroll Nav witch TextBox disappeared?

I tend to recall that the duplication disappeared when I had deactivated all plugins and that it reappeared after activating ScrollNav again. 

But my memory about this is a bit clouded. 

Did you try to remove TextBox and to add it again? What happened then? If not, please try.

When I removed the one in 'contact' and published the page. It reappeared after a page refresh in contact again.

When I removed the one in the blue area it got removed from the contacts area too

When I remove the textbox and add it again it also appears again in contact. 

If TextBox is in separate section area, did you try to remove entire area and add it again? If not, please try.

Thanks, this solved it.

#4 bestrag

bestrag

• Members

• 245 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

@janpeeters

glad it worked out.

And thanks for info, it will be useful if issue occurs to someone else.

Bestrag

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scroll Nav