Photo
- - - - -

Personal plan + Localhost

Personal plan localhost

Best Answer Danny , 27 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

The Business plan allows you to use DMS on six websites, this means that if you have you used your license six times on six websites, then plan to create a new local install, you wont be able to use your license, as your six site restriction has already been used. However, if you have used your license on five websites, then use the remainder on a local installation, thats fine.

The DMS plans do not include a dev/localhost install that doesn't require your license nor use up your usage, if you use your license on a dev/local installation, it will be classes as one of your sites.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alessandropascoli

alessandropascoli

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

Does the personal profile being installed on a localhost server (my personal mac) for testing and building a theme?
After that, can i install it on a real server online? Does that mean two (2) installation so the Personal profile is not right because is just for one (1) installation?

Thanks

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

HI,

If you contact our helpdesk, they may provide you with an additional install for local use only.

hello at pagelines dot com

#3 alessandropascoli

alessandropascoli

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Thanks Danny, i will then. I suppose I will be able to do it after my subscription...

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

After your subscription what do you mean ?

Basically, the Personal plan has one activation, if you activate this on a local install, then you wont be able to use your personal plan on a live site unless you deactivate the local install.

#5 McLeod Morgan

McLeod Morgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

Just thought I'd check in and see if you upgraded to the business account so as to allow yourself a testing server and a live server version of your site. Thanks. 

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:55 AM   Best Answer

The Business plan allows you to use DMS on six websites, this means that if you have you used your license six times on six websites, then plan to create a new local install, you wont be able to use your license, as your six site restriction has already been used. However, if you have used your license on five websites, then use the remainder on a local installation, thats fine.

The DMS plans do not include a dev/localhost install that doesn't require your license nor use up your usage, if you use your license on a dev/local installation, it will be classes as one of your sites.

#7 alessandropascoli

alessandropascoli

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

Thanks.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts