Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thumb Nail Images Cutting Off

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey guys,

I am working on WebsiteAlright.com right now. If you go under the about tab on the menu and click on bios you will see a bunch of images of the each employee. Their faces are being cut off. How can I make these images centered?

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI

This is because you're using the Thumbnail option which is 150x150 pixels, the original images are huge and should be reduced in size imo.

http://websitealright.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Derek-Lewis-PR-image.JPG.jpeg

Imo, you should probably crop the images so that they're all the same size lets say 250x250 and position the person in the center of the image. This should resolve your issue.

Posted · Report post

HI

This is because you're using the Thumbnail option which is 150x150 pixels, the original images are huge and should be reduced in size imo.

http://websitealright.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Derek-Lewis-PR-image.JPG.jpeg

Imo, you should probably crop the images so that they're all the same size lets say 250x250 and position the person in the center of the image. This should resolve your issue.

HI there

I want to know that if it is possible for pageline to crop the image.If not,can you recommand some powerful image program which supports to crop the image effectively?Thanks  a lot.

It would be perfect if it is free to use.I have google for it.But i can not get what i want.

Posted · Report post

Donna111

Not entirely sure what you mean when you say I have Google for it ?

Wordpress automatically crops images and in DMS, the option you choose will depend on whether your image is cropped or not. For example, if you use the On Top option this will use a full size image, as requested by users when PageLines Framework was our flagship product.

However, if you use the Left Justified, Left, in Except or Right, in Excerpt options these will use a thumbnail of your full size image i.e. the image is cropped.