Content Width Broken

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

I had this issue a while back and no one could explain why it was breaking, and literally out of the blue it resolved itself. Now, the pesky problem is back.

Adjusting the width in the visual editor by dragging the content around gives a "Width: /" error and the content does not expand but moves around on screen. I did a work around by using the Boxed Width Display, and set the wrapper to a max-width:1100px; I have switched to full width to utilize my footer going full screen, but now that limits my content to 960(roughly).

What is causing my visual editor to break?

I have this issue with plugins installed, and also with no plugins installed at all. I have flushed cache, and done a complete fresh install with the issue still there.

So, how can we get this resolved?

This is for www.fliptheu.com and I have debug on.

Edited by fliptheu

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Can you record this issue error please using JIng.

Also, you will want to disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools and see if this resolves your issue.

Another thing, you have the following in your debug info - PHP Open basedir restriction - Yes!

You will want to contact your host and ask them to resolve this issue and probably update your PHP version.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Can you record this issue error please using JIng.

Also, you will want to disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools and see if this resolves your issue.

Another thing, you have the following in your debug info - PHP Open basedir restriction - Yes!

You will want to contact your host and ask them to resolve this issue and probably update your PHP version.

Hi, thanks for the reply! 

I did disable plugins, in fact I had this issue when no plugins were installed.

I do not know what Jlng is, but I will look it up and try to record the issue.(I assume screen capture?)

I will talk with my hosting provider (mediatemple) and see what they can do!

Posted · Report post

Here is my screencast showing the issue.

What on earth is going on?

http://screencast.com/t/WqvI0htj

Posted · Report post

OK, I must say that is a weird one and in my opinion has to be related to either custom code or a script, especially if you have disabled all plugins.

Can you try removing all custom custom (CSS/LESS) and remove any custom scripts you may have added and see if this resolves your issue.

Also, did you host get back to you ?

Posted · Report post

OK, I must say that is a weird one and in my opinion has to be related to either custom code or a script, especially if you have disabled all plugins.

Can you try removing all custom custom (CSS/LESS) and remove any custom scripts you may have added and see if this resolves your issue.

Also, did you host get back to you ?

My host said they are using the latest php.

I will try tonight taking out all of my custom script (Typekit) and css/less (simple colors and font targeting) and report back any findings.

Posted · Report post

Thank you - let us know how you get on. 

Also which version are they using? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thank you - let us know how you get on. 

Also which version are they using? 

They told me 5.5. Is there a way I can find out if that is true?

Edited by fliptheu

Posted · Report post

Go to your site options > advanced and enable debug. - let us know when you have done this and we can show you how to check