1 reply to this topic

#1 jacecar

jacecar

• Members

• 20 posts
  • LocationUpper Sandusky, Ohio
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

I am having a simple problem that has perplexed me for several hours.  I am running DMS with the Viewer child theme on my personal/testing website, www.jacecar.com.  It's very much under construction, so don't scream too loudly if you visit.  Also, keep in mind that I'm color blind/deficient, so normal/healthy color combinations don't occur to me.  Before I deliver anything to a customer, I make sure my wife and others assist me with color choices, image selection, and so forth.  The problem I am having here is not related to color blindness.  I can tell a light color from a dark one.

I am attempting to create a site with a fixed image background (mainly dark) with light text, highlight, hover, link, etc. attributes.  In the DMS configuration section, I am able to go into settings and set the base background color, foreground color, and link color.  Anything beyond that has to be done in CSS, but my lack of familiarity with the new DMS framework (no pun intended) is slowing me down.

For some strange reason, the Viewer child theme, even with a dark background and light foreground/main text color, leaves the h1,h2,h3, etc. styles defined as #939393 with the following snippet buried somewhere in the code:

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5
{
    font-weight: normal;
    color: #939393;
}

I've tried to put an override CSS in various places, but nothing will overwrite these styles.  This should be easy and straightforward, but it's not working.  I have done everything I can think of, including resetting the themes, reloading all the modules, and putting the following CSS in about 10 different places with no result:

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5{
    font-weight: normal;
    color: #FFFFFF;
}

I am not using caching, and I have manipulated enough other source and module files to know if I was getting an error caused by an un-flushed cache.  There is always the possibility that I have a conflict with one of my modules or widgets, but I don't think so.  This is fairly straightforward.

I hope someone can show me how easy this is to fix.  I would really hate to have to do something drastic to fix a color display issue.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi,

The reason is that, this is a child theme and therefore, has it own custom styling. In order to change these colors, you will need to use your own CSS/LESS, you can do this by adding your custom CSS to the DMS Toolbar > Custom > Custom CSS/LESS or use the Customize Plugin.

I added the following code to the Custom CSS/LESS editor and it worked like a charm.

http://d.pr/i/EyJc

body { color: pink; }

I also was able to override the header tags using the following code:

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5 { color: green; }

http://d.pr/i/h6I2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CSS, color override, child theme, style, DMS