Responsive mobile design not working on forwarded sites

Question

Posted · Report post

I have three domains, one is where the site is and the other two are pointed to that one.

I was just checking them on my iPhone, and the responsive design only works on the domain where the site is hosted - the other two just load like the regular web page. If I change my browser size on the computer, it works fine, it just doesn't work on the iPhone.

How can I fix this?

Here are the three domains:

newworkscalgary.ca

newworkscalgary.com

neworkscalgary.com (this is where site is)

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, I've had a look online and the most probable answer I can find is http://wordpress.org/support/topic/responsive-theme-not-responding-when-domain-forwarded which mentions 'frame forwarding', so rather than moving to the new url, it simply shows the other side in a iframe under the current domain name.

There's some links in that post which go through the different options you can set for the forwarding, see if your host can switch to one of them to see if it handles it differently.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Is this issue now resolved ?

As they appear to be working responsively for me when I reduce my browsers width.

Posted · Report post

No, that's the weird part, it looks fine on the reduce browser but neither of the other two work on the iPhone. The main one does.

Posted · Report post

Hello tiltcreative. 

Your two domains do not redirect to the site neworkscalgary.com - is this what is supposed to happen?  http://d.pr/i/7gvW 

Posted · Report post

They do, it's just that the domain masking is on. I don't have anything on the two other sites.

Posted · Report post

Not sure to be honest, but it certainly has something to do with your domain masking. May I ask why the need to for the domain masking.

Posted · Report post

I guess it's not imperative, but we would prefer if they were masked. I am confused as to why it wouldn't work though, isn't the responsive stuff just in a css file? Why wouldn't it work on both?  Anyway, I have taken the masking off, for now, so it works. But if you ever have reason to address that, I'd love to know so I can switch it back.

Otherwise, I am really enjoying the DMS theme.

Posted · Report post

Oh, so it's an iFrame thing. Interesting. I guess I'll just have to leave it as is for now - I'll see if my host can change it to IPS forwarding.

Thanks for checking!

Posted · Report post

You're welcome :-)