Cannot remove default wordpress widgets from sidebar

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello,

A while ago I migrated a new site I was working on from Platform Pro to Pagelines Framework. It has still not officially launched and it was abandoned for a while. Finally getting back to it, and am discovering weird stuff.

I can't seem to get rid of the default WP widgets (calendar, archives, categories) from my sidebar widgets. They are not located in any of my sidebar areas at all. Not sure why they are appearing. Any ideas?

Website URL here

WordPress 3.5.1

Thanks,

Antonella

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

That text is only shown to administrators.

Posted · Report post

Well firstly you should update. Latest Framework is 2.4.4. and WordPress is 3.7.1

You should always keep up to date as a lot of updates are security fixes.

Anyway as for the widgets, if none are set then it uses a default set of widgets, if you add one to the sidebar, the defaults should disappear.

Posted · Report post

Ignore - I found it in the Site Options > Website Setup tab > Hide sidebar when empty...

Posted · Report post

Thanks Simon! Crossed your email with my message. Been a while since I worked on this site, so yes, updating the software is next on my list. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Posted · Report post

Hello,

I checked the "Site Options > Website Setup tab > Hide sidebar when empty..." and it seemed to work, but ONLY when I put an empty text widget in the sidebar. I don't want an empty text widget as it's screwing up the code. When I remove the text widget, it's placing "Add a widget to your sidebar module"... how can I get rid of this? I want an empty sidebar on some pages, that just has background color, but not content.

When I uncheck the option, I get the Categories, Archives, etc. which I definitely don't want.

Thanks,

Antonella