Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

adding js and css scripts

Question

Posted · Report post

I have been searching for a very simple and basic social counter for my site and have come across something that is close to what I am after. 

It is produced by a third party however what I am hoping some of the gurus here will tell me is how to incorporate into Framework.

Specifically I need to understand how to add the .js and .css file to the page (it says the CSS in the head and the js at the end of the body).

Can these be added in the custom code section? 

Where in the Pagelines theme directory would I place the files?

Link to the counter - http://filamentgroup.com/lab/socialcount/

Maybe I'm getting a little to adventurous here

Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

The instructions on that site are quite straightforward. All you need to do is download the js files, then upload them to your site via ftp. Then link them in your custom scripts panel.

Add the custom CSS to the Custom CSS/LESS editor and then add the HTML to where you want the counters to appear.

Posted · Report post

In the comments of the article is a link to another third party product that does the same thing without having to add JS. Further reading showed there is a Wordpress plugin that provides this  http://wordpress.org/plugins/wpsocialite/ 

Posted · Report post

Thanks for that Martin, will check it out the plugin. But what I am after is the styling of the .js solution. There is a plugin for DMS (ultimate social) that would be perfect but its not compatible with Framework (according to the author). I need a very simple solution that is aesthetically pleasing 

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny

It was the linking of the scrips that I wasn't sure of. I manage to distill it from note. 

Posted · Report post

No problem.