Rev Slider Images Not Showing

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I just updated to Wordpress 3.7 and am pretty sure I updated DMS although I don't see what version is installed when I click "Theme".  

After this update my Rev Slider pictures were replaced by "Pagelines Default ones"  I tried removing the pictures and choosing them again from the library. I also tried removing the slider and putting it back, but that doesn't work either.

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Can you provide a link to your site please, as well as enable PL Debug mode - DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Posted · Report post

I enabled debug. This is the link . This is not my primary site just one I'm learning DMS on.  I have to add a disclaimer that I didn't pick the url :)

Thanks for your help

Posted · Report post

Hello Welcome 

Debug doesn't work on your site for some reason. Can you create an admin level account for your site and send the credentials to hello @ pagelines.com and we can take a closer look for you. 

Posted · Report post

I just sent the info to you.  I tried it again today and it worked initially, but after I added a new slide it erased all of the pictures.  Also the "Global" tab is missing.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

There is a known issue where if you configure your images then proceed to add a new one, when you refresh it will clear the previously added images. This has already been reported.

The only band aid I can provide at this moment in time, is for you to configure your section completely without adding any new slides, boxes etc..

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Posted · Report post

What about the missing "Global Tab" ?

thanks

Posted · Report post

It also has problems uploading and keeping pictures from the media library.  If I choose a picture from the media library it looks like it's working, but when I click refresh the picture disappears.

Posted · Report post

If the images are disappearing then this could be related to a plugin conflict, custom scripts or a server related issue. You should try disabling all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools and try adding your images again and see if this resolves your issue.

If it doesn't so the same with custom scripts if you have any and check to see if this resolves your issue.

If the above suggestions do not resolve your issue, it may well be a server issue.

Also what do you mean by global tab missing, where are you adding the Revslider ?

Posted · Report post

My mistake, I guess one tab was removed and it was renamed from Global options to Settings with the update.

Posted · Report post

Ah yeah, sorry I thought you were referring to something else :D

Posted · Report post

I think I have a similar issue. Rev slider doesn't keep my changes. Ian Sterne kindly loaded some test images to my slider. As soon as I added one more, the thing reverted to default slides. When I delete one default slide, nothing happens.

Danny, you think the issue is with the server?

I'm stumped, but then again, I stump easily… :)

Posted · Report post

Hi Bill,

If you're referring to my above post, then this is a bug which I have reported. It isn't related to server configuration as far as I am aware. Basically what happens is, if you configure your slider with 3 images, then decide to add one or two more, using the add more button.

This will add more slide options. However, in order get the image field active, you require a refresh, when you refresh the images from your previous slides have also been removed.

The only bandaid I can provide at this time, is for you to configure your slider completely and not add additional slides unless you want to reconfigure them again.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this issue may cause.