Photo

Telephone Number Image Above Social Media Icons.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hi I have read the post about adding your telephone number above the social media icons. I want to ask how I would go about adding our telephone number as an image above those icons. Thanks Steve

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

You would use a hook to add it. You could even just place the number in the sample hook provided by the BASE theme. remove the HTML for the stubmleupon icon and place your number instead. This will get you close.

#3 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

What's a hook? Can you provide sample code please ? Many thanks Steve

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:16 AM

I'm not sure which tutorial you saw, can I get a link? You might just be able to adapt it to your need. Thanks, Bryan

#5 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:46 AM

Hi Bryan, That's not exactly the answer I was looking for, I am not a web designer at all and having paid 179 dollars for my package I was really looking for a practical example of what code I would need and where it should be added. Thanks Steve

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

Steve, Sorry let me explain further. I was alluding to a sample hook in the functions.php file of the Base Customization theme. You should be using the Base customization theme if you are not already. Then in the functions.php remove the `` for the stumbleupon stuff and just put your phone number instead. Is that more clear?

#7 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:43 PM

Hi, Yes that makes a little more sense, however I have already removed the stumbleupon logo and don't know where the code was.. Also is it possible to have the image held as part of wordpress in the media area ? Thanks

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

Yes that is absolutely possible. Then you would take that image and use this hook. ` add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end', 'phone_number'); function phone_number(){?>

#9 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

HELP !!! I have done what you said and my site is now totally hosed.. Here is the error. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /nfs/c07/h04/mnt/110843/domains/blog.calibre-secured.net/html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 35

#10 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:47 PM

I fixed this by adding a copy of the functions.php that I had from the original theme... Sadly still no phone number image :-(

#11 kitty73

kitty73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hi Steve, Here's the thread with the code I used - it has exact instructions on what to do http://www.pagelines...pic.php?id=3200 For my personal site (http://www.londonhyp...tnership.co.uk/), I just used copy as follows: Book a free consultation for one of our treatments <h2>Call us now on </h2><h1>020 7467 8355</h1> Hope this helps Kate

#12 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:46 AM

Hi Steve, did that do the trick? Thanks, Bryan

#13 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

Hi Bryan, Thats a text telephone number, what I want is an image so it stands out more.. Can you help ? Ta S

#14 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:58 AM

Right, this can be done easily. Give me the URL of the image and I'll give you precise instructions to get the effect you want. Thanks, Bryan

#15 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

Hi Bryan. I don't have the image URL as of yet I was hoping to include it in the media area of wordpress. Is this ok ? For the sake of creating the code lets assume the image is called phone_number.jpg The site is at http://blog.calibre-secured.net Thanks Steve

#16 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

html img code would be like this `phone_number` of course you place the media name there and maybe even the actual phone number as the alt text when the image doesn't show up

#17 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

A clue to which file to edit would be useful.

#18 nelsons

nelsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

I solved this myself after using various online resources. Thanks.