Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Telephone Number Image Above Social Media Icons.

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi I have read the post about adding your telephone number above the social media icons. I want to ask how I would go about adding our telephone number as an image above those icons. Thanks Steve

17 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Bryan. I don't have the image URL as of yet I was hoping to include it in the media area of wordpress. Is this ok ? For the sake of creating the code lets assume the image is called phone_number.jpg The site is at http://blog.calibre-secured.net Thanks Steve

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure which tutorial you saw, can I get a link? You might just be able to adapt it to your need. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

Hi Bryan, That's not exactly the answer I was looking for, I am not a web designer at all and having paid 179 dollars for my package I was really looking for a practical example of what code I would need and where it should be added. Thanks Steve

Posted · Report post

html img code would be like this `phone_number` of course you place the media name there and maybe even the actual phone number as the alt text when the image doesn't show up

Posted · Report post

A clue to which file to edit would be useful.

Posted · Report post

Hi, Yes that makes a little more sense, however I have already removed the stumbleupon logo and don't know where the code was.. Also is it possible to have the image held as part of wordpress in the media area ? Thanks

Posted · Report post

I solved this myself after using various online resources. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Yes that is absolutely possible. Then you would take that image and use this hook. ` add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end', 'phone_number'); function phone_number(){?> path to uploaded image <?php } `

Posted · Report post

HELP !!! I have done what you said and my site is now totally hosed.. Here is the error. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /nfs/c07/h04/mnt/110843/domains/blog.calibre-secured.net/html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 35

Posted · Report post

I fixed this by adding a copy of the functions.php that I had from the original theme... Sadly still no phone number image :-(

Posted · Report post

Hi Steve, did that do the trick? Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

You would use a hook to add it. You could even just place the number in the sample hook provided by the BASE theme. remove the HTML for the stubmleupon icon and place your number instead. This will get you close.

Posted · Report post

What's a hook? Can you provide sample code please ? Many thanks Steve

Posted · Report post

Hi Bryan, Thats a text telephone number, what I want is an image so it stands out more.. Can you help ? Ta S

Posted · Report post

Right, this can be done easily. Give me the URL of the image and I'll give you precise instructions to get the effect you want. Thanks, Bryan