Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Youtube embed works in Chrome but not in Firefox

Question

Posted · Report post

I used the mediabox and youtube embed code from the channel I set-up. It plays directly from the site  in Chrome and Safari but the mouse-over the play button is unresponsive in Firefox and it doesn't start. And I guess on the PC as well.

Is the best way to use the PL shortcode as a rule? I saw only one other posting  that referred to this, not sure if it's my user error?

1. [pl_video type="youtube" id="Add video id here, see image above"]

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

Looks like an issue with the MediaBox, as the video isn't displaying correctly for me, but does when I use the Post/Page content editor. I will report this as a potential bug.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, what's the best way to fix it for the time being?

Posted · Report post

I would recommend using the standard embed code.

Posted · Report post

I was using the standard embed code... I was asking the question because it wasn't working with that and thought the shortcode would be more effective. 

Posted · Report post

I have just this moment added the following code to a MediaBox and the video displays perfectly.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N-xHcvug3WI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What code was you using, where were you adding it (which section and option) and what was happening when you view the site after adding the code?

Posted · Report post

I used this code in a mediabox in a 4 grid column:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GyWWwqvrE4w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It doesn't play in Firefox but does in some other browsers. If you navigate to the page oraclecancertrust.org.gridhosted.co.uk I added the same film and embed code into a textbox. The formatting is by default a bit different but it does now work. 

Posted · Report post

So you encounter an issue in MediaBox but not in the TextBox section ?

Posted · Report post

I posted a textbox under the mediabox with the same content. The youtube play icon is unresponsive in the media box but does work in the text box. 

I am seeing this on Firefox on the Mac but the client reported it to me who are PC based. 

Posted · Report post

OK, I have reported the issue as there is certainly something not right. In the meantime, use the TextBox if that is working for you.

Thanks for bring this to our attention.