CSS Won't Take Effect

Question

Posted · Report post

So I've used the code below 5 other places on my website that are literally exactly the same on http://websitealright.com and it works fine. I tried it on the news section within the header and it won't take effect? The css selector is set for header-highlight6 and the code below works for every other highlight. What's going on?

.header-highlight6 .highlight-head {
font-size: 48.8px;
margin: 0;
position: relative;
top: 60px;
color: white;
}
.header-highlight6 .highlight-subhead {
margin: 0;
position: relative;
top: 60px;
color: white;
}

Even though I'm editing local settings it's reflecting the changes on multiple pages??

29 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

No problem at all - Have a good Weekend :)

Posted · Report post

As far as I can remember this wasn't possible in PageLines Framework, you couldn't have dynamic archive or category pages per archive/category.

I have already explained how you can achieve this via CSS, you could also do this via a hook using the is_category() function - http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_category

Posted · Report post

James B!!!! Thank your 401 Times for this:

"Hi there,

Turn off your Total cache plugin and clear the cache file, that will block the css changes as they're made in the front end of the site on the live page. Need to keep the cache plugin off when making all your edits :-)"

I was trying to change the colors for 1 or 2 hours about to give it up when I found this post here. Now I can finally change the colors of my navbar links. Really thank you very much :)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You're welcome :-)