Photo

Full width failure

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 nielspeenanusoncom

nielspeenanusoncom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:03 PM

I have a page (a page page) that I want to show in full width, without the sidebar. I've set the layout mode to "full width", but that doesn't work. Oddly, all the other layout modes work fine, suggesting that I'm looking in the right place. I've also tried the "hide sidebar" option, which works, but doesn't affect the layout (as expected). What would prevent full width layout from working, where other layouts work fine? Thanks. Niels

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

That is odd. The only thing that would matter is if it's the blog page, in which case you'd have to set it globally to take hold.

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

Tested on my local and it works fine... Nothing happens when you set the default layout to 'full width'? Do you have a live link?

#4 nielspeenanusoncom

nielspeenanusoncom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

It's on an internal server for now, but I tracked it down to this: Everything is correctly full width until column-wrap div. It's being set to 480px: .fullwidth #pagelines_content #column-wrap, .fullwidth #buddypress-page #container { width: 480px; } Where are the columns configured?

#5 nielspeenanusoncom

nielspeenanusoncom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Compared it to your demo site just now, there it's 960px. Everything else looks the same. .fullwidth #pagelines_content #column-wrap, .fullwidth #buddypress-page #container { width: 960px; }

#6 nielspeenanusoncom

nielspeenanusoncom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

Ok, solved it, but I think there's a bug somewhere: I figured out that in the database, in the pagelines-settings, the maincolumn_width value for fullwidth was 480. In the admin section however it said 960. I did "Save Options" a few times, but the value in the database did not change. So I resized to 940, saved options, then back to 960, saved again, and that seemed to successfully reset things to 960.