Photo
- - - - -

Unknown twitter error with twitterbar

twitterbar unknown error twitter error

Best Answer greenfly , 28 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Hello Kellid 

Twitter changed their authentication method about 6 months ago and the Twitter bar stopped working. There are lots of 3rd party plugins that provide this functionality.

You can find these here http://wordpress.org.../twitter-widget 

I see you say you are using PlatformPro? This product is no longer supported and was succeeded by PageLines Framework which is still supported and now an open source project available on GitHub. https://github.com/p...ework-v2.x-free 

The Basic version of the latest PageLInes product, DMS is free and available now from http://pageLines.com 

We recommend upgrading to either of these versions as PlatformPro is expected to become more unstable as time goes on and more functionality is introduced to Wordpress 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kellid

kellid

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hi folks!

I was using the twitterbar in the footer of my site and now I'm getting an error "unknown twitter error".  

I've tried removing and adding the bar, the handle is correct and I'm not using a public server.  Any ideas on how to get this to work?  

I"m using PlatformPro with the newest version of Wordpress.  

Thanks for your help!

Kelli

Attached Files

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Twitterbar will not work.

The people at Twitter changed the way the data is allowed to be fetched and turned off that old API.

Best to just disable it and find an alternative. Either the official Twitter js solution, or a custom plugin over at WordPress.org

#3 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:20 PM   Best Answer

Hello Kellid 

Twitter changed their authentication method about 6 months ago and the Twitter bar stopped working. There are lots of 3rd party plugins that provide this functionality.

You can find these here 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I see you say you are using PlatformPro? This product is no longer supported and was succeeded by PageLines Framework which is still supported and now an open source project available on GitHub.

The Basic version of the latest PageLInes product, DMS is free and available now from

We recommend upgrading to either of these versions as PlatformPro is expected to become more unstable as time goes on and more functionality is introduced to Wordpress 

#4 kellid

kellid

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

I"m sorry Martin, I am using Framework!!  

I'll switch to DMS as soon as I have more time.  

Thanks Simon and Martin for getting back to me!!

Best with everything,

Kelli

• greenfly likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitterbar, unknown error, twitter error