Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS Activation in MAMP Pro on local dev machine with Business Accounts

Question

Posted · Report post

I am running MAMP PRO for local development. After considerable headaches (see my other post!), I have setup a local development environment at a special local domain name: www.mysite-localdev.com:8888

The live site is located at www.mysite.com

My question is, how can I use the Pagelines store in my local environment? I obviosly don't want to activate the local devlopemnt site address (www.mysite-localdev.com:8888), only the live site address, but I can't use the live site locally. If I activate it, does that use up one of my six product activations? If so, how can I get access to the store when developing locally without activating?

Is the only way to do this, to use the same address for the local development site, as the live site (pushed local via the HOSTS file)?

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Ah... Well now I feel rather stupid! I was getting confused. I couldn't find the sections but now I have looked again, I realise they were under 'Add to page'. This is what happens when you try to do things at 1 am! 

Please disregard my whole post!

Posted · Report post

Hi,

The store is no longer in DMS and can be only accessed from our website. So not quite sure what it is you're trying to do.

Posted · Report post

lol no problem. Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Posted · Report post

Ok, I wasn't entirely wrong here since it seems we can't use any of the Pro features (like adjusting sections offsets) without activating? How do we deal with this when developing locally? If we activate will it use one one of our activation 'slots'?

Posted · Report post

If you contact our helpdesk they may add a second license to your account so that you can use DMS both locally and live, using your personal license.

hello at pagelines dot com

Posted · Report post

Thanks. I will try that.