Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Information for those updating to 1.1.1

Question

Posted · Report post

I haven't seen any detailed information on what the upgrade to 1.1.1 means. Perhaps it is somewhere, but it was not in any FAQ I received when I was upgrading. 

Please be aware that the legacy Sidebars are no longer supported in 1.1.1.  I had put items in said sidebars and they were deleted upon upgrade to 1.1.1 It was easy enough to do a workaround by using the Custom Sidebar plugin and making my own plugins for the items that were deleted. 

People like me who may have old plugins installed from sections from Framework take note: these old plugins can totally break your site. I had the old Profiles section installed (but as far as I know, it was no longer active as I wasn't using it): it borked my site and I was unable to even access the dashboard. I just went to FTP and deleted it (and any other legacy sections). 

Hope this helps some people. 

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thanks JaffaDave when I clicked on the link that Wordpress directed me to when the upgrade finally showed up, it just took me to the main Pagelines page. for whatever reason, I never received this information. usually Pagelines sends out an email, but I never received one. Despite that, this specific information isn't in that post. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Danny.

1.1.1 is an impressive amount of work. What little time I have had to explore in the sites I've updated has been a really positive experience. I was just trying to let people know what little issues I found (they weren't really issues because it took very little to fix them, but if someone knows what to expect going in ...). I remember people talking about the legacy plugins V2 or whatever they referred to it with the first DMS release would be gone in 1.1.1 but ... my students are like vampires, they eat my brain and I find I have no room in there for things I've casually seen in passing.