DMS won't load page

Question

Posted · Report post

Website URL: www.ashby-bp.com

Framework Version: dms, 1.1.1.
WordPress Version: 3.7
Plugins in Use: n/a (turned them all off and turned them back on one by one)
Server/Host: GoDaddy
Screenshots: http://ashby-bp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/dms-error.jpg
Details:Page won't load. Please see error message on screenshot attached. Please advise. My deadline for getting this site active is tomorrow. Presently, the theme update download link goes to the old version (which is causing site problems), and now this... *sigh*

Please help. I've been working on this all week, non-stop. I'm starting to lose my mind here. Sorry for the crap grammar. My little grey cells are fried. Thanks.  :notfair:

13 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

The Loading DMS Page, has a link at the bottom of the page, that links you to a common issue article. This page has solutions on how to resolve your issue. Its most likely related to a plugin.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

It's not a plug-in. It's the Theme that needs updating. The zip folder for Sophistique's 1.1.1. update (to work with 3.7 and dms 1.1.1.) contained the present 1.1 instead. I mentioned it in a different post but haven't heard back from anyone. I didn't want to put the url to the update online because it's proprietary. However, until the theme can be updated I can't work on my site.

Cheers,

Mary 

Posted · Report post

Try now, sorry about the dely.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for updating the theme. My site still won't let me view it - provided I am logged in as admin. It will, however, let me view it if I'm not logged in. I have deactivated all but four plug-ins (WooCommerce, Folio, Contact Form 7, and I reactivated my proprietary plug-in I had designed for eBook upload/download as my business is contingent on this one). The others haven't affected performance since the site was launched. 

I'm still showing errors with j-Query. If someone can walk me through how to fix this I would appreciate it. The documentation is meant for people with more experience and understanding than I have presently; though I seem to be learning more quickly than I had anticipated. Here is a link of the screenshot: http://ashby-bp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/jqueryerror.jpg. It is different now than prior to updating my theme with the genuine update. 

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mary

Posted · Report post

Hi Mary,

If you're having JS errors, it most likely caused by a plugin or a custom script you may have added.

Can you email me with your username and password please and if I receive it during my shift I can take a look, if not I will pass your details on to my colleagues.

danny at pagelines dot com

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

I don't know how to add custom scripts, and I deactivated all the plug-ins. I think I reactivated four of them because I still had to work on the back end of the site. But I'll send you my email with my info. If there is something I've done please let me know so I don't do it again. Thanks for your help. Best regards, Mary

Posted · Report post

Hi,

You have added the following custom script and CSS into the Custom Scripts panel.

http://d.pr/i/t57u

The DMS backend has a fall back system incase you add any custom scripts or code that causes the Visual Editor to fail. So login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines, in the DMS Header Scripts Fallback remove all that code, as it is most likely the cause of your issue.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, I removed all the code. The site still won't load. Any other ideas? Please let me know. Thanks, Mary 

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I disabled all your active plugins and your site now loads, therefore, it was a plugin and you must not of disabled them all.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, Thanks. I'm really confused though, because it was WooCommerce that seemed to cause the issue - although I really did deactivate all the plug-ins (mind you, that was before I did everything else). Plus, all my information is gone from the home page.

Previously, WooCommerce was compatible with Pagelines. *ugh*. Unfortunately, this is a deal-breaker for me. WooCommerce is the most versatile ecommerce tool out there, and I've invested too much time in to my products to use a framework or theme that doesn't work with it. 

Thanks for your help. I'm going to have to find another theme or framework. This isn't a blame statement, btw. It just appears I can't work with this framework.

Best regards,

Mary

Posted · Report post

WooCommerce does work with DMS, we use it for our store on PageLines.com. Therefore, can you tell me what version you're using please.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

I'm using version 2.0.18. Thanks, Mary

Posted · Report post

Hi Mary,

Just installed WooCommerce 2.0.18 and have not encounter any issue. Therefore, there has to be something else causing your issue, this could be a custom script, another plugin, custom CSS or even your server.