New store layout lacks sorting options

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 webmktco

webmktco

• Members

• 184 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

I've noticed that the DMS store has a new look.  While I commend you on continuing to update and fine tune the store, IMHO the store is difficult to shop.

2013-10-26_18-37-58.jpeg

For example, if I want to purchase a slider, I have to look at all five pages.  It seems very limited and not a good UX.

Would it be possible for PL to offer some type of sorting or categorization of these extensions?

Also, if you're looking to roll out any new products, would it be possible to allow paying members to get a sneak peak?  

Personally, I've very invested with PageLines.  I've committed to exclusively design all new client sites using DMS.  It would be nice to see what's down the pike.

• batman likes this

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

Hi,

I understand our design team is currently rebuilding our store, so some new changes are coming.  You may be seeing it in an interim state.

But, thank you for your observations.  They'll be very helpful to our design team.

#3 jumpmouse

jumpmouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Hi there.

Shop will probably look great when it is finished.

right now, it is almost impossible to find something in the store. Random is on and when you click on different page number, it will randomize again and then show the result.

https://www.dropbox....f/pl-shop-1.png

https://www.dropbox....9/pl-shop-2.png

Some items you can see on every page, some items you never see.

So, currently it is impossible to browse the store. Search is working correctly, but just if you know what are you looking for. There are no tags nor categories.

Also, in framework store, there were top sellers, recently updated and newest items. will this be integrated in the new store?

• batman likes this

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for the input, I will bring this to our developers attention.

• batman likes this

#5 jacecar

jacecar

• Members

• 20 posts
  • LocationUpper Sandusky, Ohio
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

I understand our design team is currently rebuilding our store, so some new changes are coming.  You may be seeing it in an interim state.

But, thank you for your observations.  They'll be very helpful to our design team.

While you are rebuilding, have them add a 'Shopping Cart' icon to each page.  If you add something to your cart and then continue shopping, there is NO way (that I could find) to get back to the Shopping Cart or Checkout without adding another item, perhaps something I did not want, which then gave me the option to view my cart and/or check out.

Thanks

#6 nucleusmedia

nucleusmedia

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

First time into the new store in a while....When I try to access the free plugins, it says "nothing in shopping cart".

#7 bestrag

bestrag

• Members

• 243 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Any update on this?

Its like a lottery. sometimes same product is shown on multiple pages, sometimes it can't be found on any page.