Remove Margin Around the Logo and Header

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I have two questions regarding to the header/logo and the main navigation bar:

1- I like to know how I can remove/reduce the margins around the logo/header that the image is closer to the top of the page and main navigation bar? I like to be able to have more control over the top, left, right, and buttom margins.

2- I like to change the background color, text color, text size, and border color of the main navigation bar. I know there are few default colors we could use, but I was wondering if there is an easy way to chnage these parameters much easier.

I really appreciate your help.

Amir

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Amir,

1. You can use tools like Chrome's Inspect Tool to examine the specific areas of the header you want to modify.  The CSS will be displayed.  You can test it and then copy the successful code to your Custom Code area. If you're not familiar with CSS, please let us know, and provide a link to the site.

2. We need to know if you're using the NavBar or Nav Classic or BrandNav in your site. A link would help us.

Posted · Report post

Rob,

I really appreciate your reply. I have almost zero clue about the CSS codes and I don't know how to begin with.
I am building the site locally right now and because of that, the live URL would not show anything for now till I upload everything to my server.
I have the professional version of PageLines Framework V2.4.4. The navigation is just the standard out of the box after I installed the PageLines Framework V2.4.4 on my Wordpress.

I hope these are enough information. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,
Amir

Posted · Report post

Amir,

Try this:

#branding .content .content-pad {

padding: 0;
}

Posted · Report post

okay, let me upload what ever I have to the server. Give me 10 minutes or so.

Posted · Report post

Okay! :D

Posted · Report post

This is the link. http://amirnouri.com/rotary/

I uploaded it very quick and I am doing something wrong that the template is not loading right.

Posted · Report post

I can see that.  Don't rush.   It's best to go back, delete what you previously installed and reinstall Framework.  It goes in wp-content/themes and the folder must be named pagelines.  You can't change the folder or any file names.

Posted · Report post

I never knew it will be so dificult to create the website locally and upload it to the server. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I can't access the admin page to reinstall the PageLines.

Posted · Report post

Is there a way to tell, no margin on top, but keep the other three sides?

Posted · Report post

Sure.  Replace padding: 0; with

padding-top: 0;

padding: 15;