Photo
- - - - -

CSS Not Being Applied to Root Site of Multisite Installation

Best Answer Simon_P , 25 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

This will work again with upcoming 1.1.1 release, any time in the next hour.

You are however _doing_it_wrong() in the first place.

The plugin is NOT a networkable plugin. You activate it on the sites you want to use it with. Then you create a blogs dir in the plugins and in that folder add a folder for each blog using the blog ID for example:

blogs/2/style.css This file will only load on blog ID 2

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 anlinares

anlinares

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Help!  Need help quickly to resolve a major issue.  The CSS is not being applied to the root site of a multisite installation.  I have deactivated all plugins - both on the network and on the site.  It is working properly on subsites.  Has anyone ever experienced this or can someone help me troubleshoot?  I really need this resolved ASAP!

Root site:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sub sites:

#2 anlinares

anlinares

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

I have also tried copying and pasting the custom css (held within the Pagelines Customize plugin for all sites) into the Custom Code section of the Pagelines dashboard and also directly into the theme css (though not ideal long term, it would at least show temporarily).  However, none of these workarounds work.  I do not think any CSS from the theme is being applied to the root site.

#3 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:33 PM   Best Answer

This will work again with upcoming 1.1.1 release, any time in the next hour.

You are however _doing_it_wrong() in the first place.

The plugin is NOT a networkable plugin. You activate it on the sites you want to use it with. Then you create a blogs dir in the plugins and in that folder add a folder for each blog using the blog ID for example:

blogs/2/style.css This file will only load on blog ID 2

#4 anlinares

anlinares

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Okay, thanks for the quick resonse.  I am using version 2.4.4 of Framework.  Are you saying it will be updated in the next hour?  Or will the Pagelines customize plugin be updated?  I am currently using version 1.1.1.

Sorry, I did not realize the Customize plugin could not be activated across the network.  It has worked appropriately until just recently.  I have the same style sheet for each site.  So I'll need to just copy and paste it into corresponding blog ID folders such as: wp-content/plugins/blogs/2/style.css (and so on...)?

Is that correct?

If I leave it as is will the update you say is being released within the hour correct the issue I am experiencing?

I so appreciate your help!  Can't tell you how much!!!

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

ok, if your using Framework and just want same stylesheet on all sites... just activate on the sites you want it and leave the style.css in the plugin as is, dont use the blogs dir

#6 anlinares

anlinares

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Okay, done.  I had already tried deactivating the plugin on the network and activating it on the root site.  No change.  The root site is still not showing any theme CSS.

#7 anlinares

anlinares

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Okay, I went ahead and tried to set up the folders as you had suggested in plugins/pagelines-customize/blogs/#/style.css

I just copied the same file and pasted into each directory.  And it worked!  Not sure why it was working how I had it set up and then stopped working.  But I'm just glad it's working.  Thank you so much for your help!

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Wonderful! Very happy to hear it's working now.