• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 imaddima

imaddima

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

I have installed Platform theme one year ago and it works fine! I am confused right now :( seems like the theme Platform is no more founded on the pagelines website? how can I get DMS free edition to test it? what should I do now?

I downloaded the lastest versions of DMS, Free Pro Tools, Footer Extras DMS, what is this files? must I replace the Platform theme by these files?

I am really confused please help!

#2 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2411 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hello There 

Platform is no longer supported. I have moved this topic to the Platform Forum for you. (was pasted in the Framework Lite Forum (free) 

Platform and DMS are two separate systems and there is no direct upgrade path between the two. There was another product - The Still supported PageLInes Framework that was the product that came after Platform. Again there is no direct upgrade path between the two. 

It is better to install the DMS system on a test site or local install and see how easy it is to reproduce your Platform powered site with the DMS system. 

As for Platform - it works fine now but as web architecture and methods change the Platform will produce more and more errors and problems - the likes of which we cannot support. 

• imaddima likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: platform