Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Widgetizer in Footer & certain strange saving/setting behaviour

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi guys

I have used DMS lots now, and generally really love it.  I've had a couple of issues recently where the Js/CSS appears to just fail when trying to go into the front end, and I am presented with a very long webpage of all my site plus all the dms stuff on one page, including the store etc almost like something hasn't loaded correctly.  Anyway I just deleted those two installs and reinstalled, and it worked fine again.

I have been building a new site, and it was all going great until today... I drag Widgetizer areas and similar, and for instance a span3 column on the top header that WAS working fine, suddenly just stopped functioning correctly and the span3 now appears smaller than the rest for no apparent reason, and it's intermittent.  The issue with the Widgetizer seems ONLY on the footer area, where nothing will save or stay put anymore.All plugins were disabled, still the same issue.  The site has not been customised in any other way by myself.

Any help would be great as I have a headache trying to work this out :/

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Bloom,

Can you share some screenshots to describe what's happening? Looking at your website I'm not seeing any particular issues.

When you add the Widgetizer, you're seeing CSS code at the top of the page when logged in as admin? Is that the issue?

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob.  I am working on the site locally which is the issue.  I will attach a video via Jing to try and demonstrate my issues.  The css break before was on a different install, I was merely stating it to reinforce previous issues I have had with Pagelines :)

My current issue is with the apparent loss of database information to remember widget settings and classes, particularly in the Wigitizer areas, but also the header areas have issues with saving changes.  The footer now appears to have saved the middle Widgetizier, however yesterday even this was not saving.  The left and right Widgetizers however are still not being saved corrently.

The one difference that happened since it was fully functional last, is the framework update to version 1.0.4 from 0.96 

Sorry guys also just to add, it SEEMS to be working again now -.-  I am using AMMPS if that helps, are there any known saving issues with it?  That seems to be the problem, I click 'Publish' and it appears to save, but upon refresh the custom classes or changes to sections don't appear to 'remain'.  Either temporary changes or just don't save in the first place.  Sometimes I click publish 5 or 10 times and it will save.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

What version of DMS are you using and also, I have never used AMMPS before. I only use MAMP. If you're a Mac user, I would recommend using MAMP instead of AMPPs. As I have never encountered any issues with MAMP.

Posted · Report post

Perhaps I will swap to MAMP then, as I am having severe inconsistency with saving elements and settings.  The sections reset all the time.  I am running 1.0.4 at the moment, it seemed to be since I updated to this version I have noticed the issues.

Posted · Report post

From the sounds of it, it sounds like the local server is setup weird. Try using MAMP, if you still encounter the same issue, it will be easier to diagnose.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny.  Yeah I have used MAMP now too, with a completely different site altogether, I make changes such as add content to a TextBox, or change some LESS CSS, click the publish button several times to hope that it saves, and 90% of the time it will save, but that 10% is really annoying when I refresh and my changes are lost...  :growl:  :thumbsd:

Cheers

Posted · Report post

Can you install a free app called Jing and record your issue as I am unable to recreate your CSS save error.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny.  I have just recorded a short video clip for you and low and behold, it actually displayed the error for you to see.  I now have two completely different sites installed on MAMP and AMPPS, both of which different installs and both are in local folders on my SSD, in different locations.  Both suffer from consistent ability to write to the DB/server.  As I say, sometimes, no problem.... At the minute I am having to copy and paste my LESS everytime to ensure that I don't lose changes.

It seems to occur most frequently in the LESS section, however I have had the same problems with TextBoxes and such like I mentioned.

Thanks mate

http://screencast.com/t/5elTlkpYm

Posted · Report post

I must say that is an odd issue and one I am not able to recreate. Can you try this on a Live server if possible ?