• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 hajobakker

hajobakker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

People, be aware when upgrading a WPML DMS site as it does not work too well.

I exported the config from DMS, upgraded and found my templates not applied to my content.

Importing the configuration again did not change a thing. For 90% of posts/pages; problems.

This applies to templates, sections (slider, ibox etc) and widgets.

I'm seriously contemplating reverting to the old version.

One good thing about DMS 1.1: the magazine layout now works...

#2 hajobakker

hajobakker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Re-creating iboxes worked, rev-slider does not, just will not keep it's settings.

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Hi,

Can you explain in greater detail what is actually happening please. If you updated to 1.1, why are you exporting/importing your config file ?

Also, Magazine mode was working prior to 1.1 and what do you mean by "Re-creating iboxes worked, rev-slider does not, just will not keep it's settings." ?

If you can provide a link to your site and also enable PL debug mode, we can take a closer look.

#4 hajobakker

hajobakker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Hi,

Can you explain in greater detail what is actually happening please. If you updated to 1.1, why are you exporting/importing your config file ?

Also, Magazine mode was working prior to 1.1 and what do you mean by "Re-creating iboxes worked, rev-slider does not, just will not keep it's settings." ?

If you can provide a link to your site and also enable PL debug mode, we can take a closer look.

Hi Danny,

I always safeguard each and any was I can, prior to erforming an upgrade, hence my saving the config file.

Running DMS 1.0.4 I can promise you magazine mode does not work (in my situation). Check www.hajobakker.com/opdrachten which is set up in magazine mode with the first two full width.

After the upgrade, noticing that pages and posts did not format with their template as before, I imported the config hoping this sorted things out. It did not. I went into a page that did not load it's sections correctly, it did display the rev-slider but would not accept my input for pictures and text.

I've reverted to 1.0.4 and will set up another instance on which I will test the upgrade. If that works out funny, I'll update with debug on.

Thanks,

Hajo

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

Hajo,

Magazine mode worked for a period of time for the Free edition, but it is actually a component of the paid version.  To recover magazine mode and probably your RevSlider as well, you'll need to upgrade to a paid license.  I apologize for any confusion.  In all our previous products, Magazine Mode was available only in paid versions. You can find our pricing page here: http://www.pagelines.com/pricing/

If you already have a paid license, then your license is probably not implemented correctly.

#6 hajobakker

hajobakker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

Hajo,

Magazine mode worked for a period of time for the Free edition, but it is actually a component of the paid version.  To recover magazine mode and probably your RevSlider as well, you'll need to upgrade to a paid license.  I apologize for any confusion.  In all our previous products, Magazine Mode was available only in paid versions. You can find our pricing page here: http://www.pagelines.com/pricing/

If you already have a paid license, then your license is probably not implemented correctly.

Well Rob,

That's just strange, I make use of the free DMS version and did have magazine mode working yesterday. How's that?

Just a shame most of my migration did not work otherwise I might have left it as it was. Now I could only roll back 1.04

I think I'll leave DMS for what is is for a while and go for another framework, possibly just a basic theme from somewhere.

Shame because I think you're on to something great with DMS, it's just not working to well for me so far.

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Nothing has changed that I can find that would effect WPML when updating to 1.1.

Also, I have viewed your website and found that you have a cache plugin installed, if you're experiencing issues, then you will most certainly want to disable all active plugins especially cache plugins when updating.

Also, as Rob mentioned above, the RevSlider and Magazine mode are options only available in the premium version of DMS. There was a bug that allowed Magazine mode to be selected in previous versions of DMS, but it wouldn't work, your blog would stay in List Mode. If you want access to both RevSlider section and Magazine mode, you will need to upgrade.

#8 Mark & Phil

Mark & Phil

Advanced Member

• Members

• 69 posts
  • LocationPoughkeepsie, NY
  • Framework Version:1.1.1

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

Danny, while we're on the topic of WPML, has anyone put together a page about "best practices" when it comes to using WPML with Pagelines?  For instance, we have several pages for a client site that don't use the Post Loop at all, so we need to find an easy way to enable WPML on those (normally done via the backend).

Cheers!

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

If they don't use the PostLoop section what are they using ?

#10 Mark & Phil

Mark & Phil

Advanced Member

• Members

• 69 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Text Box, Media Box. Our layouts won't work with just the post loop.

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

OK, I spoken to one of our developers and he replied with the following (be aware that I haven't used the plugin before and don't have access to it, to test myself)

1. Add new post
2. When you add the post, it asks you if you want to miror the post to a 2nd language
3. If you select yes, then a 2nd post is created with the same content and you can switch between the two.
4. So, in theory you can switch to the german one, then go to fronend and add the german content to the textbox etc... as its a totally different post
WPML switches between the posts depending on what language you select.

#12 Mark & Phil

Mark & Phil

Advanced Member

• Members

• 69 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Yep, we're aware of how WPML works usually. Just trying to see if there was anything built into Pagelines that would let us use WPML with Media Boxes and Text Boxes but from our tests and your reaction it seems that is a no.

#13 interpro

interpro

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

is this correct that WPML and DMS don't play well together? I've been trying to get WPML to show different images per language in a mediabox without success

#14 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

When you upload an image using the image upload function it uses the shortcode [pl_site_url] as a prefix for the image. You'll need to replace this is an absolute path. See - https://wpml.org/for...he-language-en/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WPML, DMS, ugrade