Photo

Error with Pagelines New Install

pagelines error framework platformpro

Best Answer James B , 24 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Hi there, on your install you haven't renamed the folder prior to installing the zip, so it's installing as "PageLines-Framework-master" as in

Current path: /homepages/26/d473798143/htdocs/app473806045/wp-content/themes/PageLines-Framework-master

It should be installed as

Current path: /homepages/26/d473798143/htdocs/app473806045/wp-content/themes/pagelines

Rename the folder from PageLines-Framework-master to just pagelines and the error message will resolve. You can do this by logging in via ftp or c-panel and editing the folder name.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 erikareinhart

erikareinhart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

I just installed "PageLines-Framework-master.zip" because tech support sent it to me.

Pagelines Platform (I had purchased the developer version) had suddenly stopped working on my site so he said to replace it with this since Platform is no longer supported. :(

Framework works and is similar, BUT, I get an error that is not allowing me to use any features that are common to pagelines products. So I can't change the page background color and for some reason, it has turned the wrong color in the update from Platform.

Here's the error:

PageLines Framework must be installed in a folder called 'pagelines' to work with child themes and extensions.

Current path: /homepages/26/d473798143/htdocs/app473806045/wp-content/themes/PageLines-Framework-master

Can you please advise on what might be going wrong?

Thank you!

#2 erikareinhart

erikareinhart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

I am now able to make edits but the error still appears there in the dashboard. Any thoughts on this would be helpful!

Thanks.

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:10 AM   Best Answer

Hi there, on your install you haven't renamed the folder prior to installing the zip, so it's installing as "PageLines-Framework-master" as in

It should be installed as

Current path: /homepages/26/d473798143/htdocs/app473806045/wp-content/themes/pagelines

Rename the folder from PageLines-Framework-master to just pagelines and the error message will resolve. You can do this by logging in via ftp or c-panel and editing the folder name.

• erikareinhart likes this

#4 erikareinhart

erikareinhart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

Thank you James! This sounds right. I'll try it in the morning because if I do it now, while tired, I'll likely screw something up.

#5 erikareinhart

erikareinhart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

Thank you again. This worked to fix the problem!!!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pagelines error, framework, platformpro