#1 milliemollie

milliemollie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:Platform

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Using free version of Platform, really enjoying getting to grips with it, in Platform settings, Header & Nav, how do I add a Pinterest, or any other social media, Link (and associated Icon) such that they show next to RSS, Twitter or Facebook in my Header area?

Thanks

Millie

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hello milliemollie

Why not move straight to the Basic Version of DMS rather than the Platform theme that is no longer supported. 

DMS is our latest product (released in July 2013) & You can download the DMS for free now from http://pagelines.com

You will find it MUCH easier to add anything you like. 

#3 milliemollie

milliemollie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Aha! I might well do that then, although I have created a child theme of platform, presumably I will have to start again with DMS?

#4 milliemollie

milliemollie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

What are you guys on, installed DMS, unless I am doing something wrong it is nothing like the promise and or obvious, swapped back in an instant to platform and wondering whether i need to seek an alternative theme altogether?

#5 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

You could always try the Product that came after Platform - The PageLines Framework - available for free as an open source project on GitHub https://github.com/p...Lines-Framework

If you haven't used GitHub before just click download zip on the right of the screen the link takes you to and install that as your theme. 

It is more like the look and feel of Platform than of the DMS system. Also a good basis for the DMS if you do decide to give it a go. 

You can find the docmentation to get you started - here http://support.pagelines.me/docs/ 

Platform though is not supported anymore and using it for your site will likely lead to some complication and/or issues as web technologies change. 

#6 milliemollie

milliemollie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for this, will converse with our members worldwide and seek their input as to which Theme we should move to.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social media icon, pinterest